Chapter 24

I CHANGED THE COVER RECENTLY, BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A FAN MADE COVER.

(LIKE I DID WITH MY DOM OR MY MATE)

PLEASE EMAIL IN YOUR COVER IDEAS TO...

jazzi_fizzle@hotmail.co.uk

THE COVER WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 1ST AUGUST. 

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WATTPAD NAME IN YOUR EMAILS; YOUR NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CHAPTER I POST AFTER THE COVER IS CHANGED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION.

GET THEM IN GUYS!! :D

Chapter 24

Moving In

Deacon POV

My son is the most incredible creature in the entire universe and he’s not even here yet!

Never in the history of shifters has anyone known of a baby that can mind link from the womb! Bethany and I have created a wonderfully unique child. A child that will go down in history! I wonder idly what other unique skills he will possess while I carry a chest of drawers- still full by the way- into the guest house and down the hall to the room that will be Bethany’s.

Just remembering hearing that voice for the first time, how I walked into Bethany’s kitchen to hear a squeaky childlike voice begging for bacon. I thought I was hearing things but seeing Bethany’s panicked voice and her tears starting to slide down her face, I knew there and then that something special was going on.

I can’t quite believe it!

There must be something special in our genes to cause this. Something so powerful that we have created a child able to convey it’s thoughts before he can even breathe outside of the womb, let alone talk.

I’m so proud of my boy already and he’s not even here.

I knew I wasn’t sure about being a father; panicking about whether I’d be a good dad, whether Bethany would even let me be involved in the child’s life, whether I was even ready to do so, but now, hearing him, basically speaking to him on some level, I can’t not be in his life.

I need to be around him.

I’m so drawn to him already. I love my son. More than anything.

Surprisingly, my love for him is more intense, more powerful than anything I feel for Virginia; anything I feel for my family. My son is my world, my legacy.

“Is that it?” I ask, walking outside to see the van empty of Bethany and Mrs Foster’s belongings; Dad is stood there, grinning as he wipes his hands across his jeans.

“Yup, all moved in. Shall we get unpacked?”

I agree and we head inside to unload; it’d make things easier on Bethany and her mum if we did the brunt of the unpacking. They’ve got enough going on without this ordeal too.

I decide to deal with Bethany’s room; I’d rather it me rather than dad going through her clothes and putting her underwear away.

Not something I want my dad to do anyway.

As I’m pulling some Harry Potter books and the Escape the Fate CDs from a cardboard box, a piece of photo paper falls from where it was lodged between the items; I pick it up and gasp, wide eyed.

There, before me is a scan picture of my son.

By the looks of things it’s Bethany’s 20 week scan photo; I can clearly make out all his features, the way his nose rounds off just like hers, the long dainty fingers outstretched in the blackness and… oh he’s DEFINITELY a boy!