Chapter 33

Here we go, another chapter done for you. :)

This time next week I will be getting a lunch box ready and ironing my daughter's school clothes for her first day!! Eeeekkk!

I've finally bought all her stuff and am ready! Not that I want to be. lol...

I want an excuse not to let her go! 

Anyway. THIS CHAPTER HAS R RATED CONTENT TOWARDS THE END. 

MORE TO COME IN THE NEXT CHAPTER TOO.

Chapter 33

On the Ball

Declan POV

First things first, I was an uncle! I couldn’t not look at Maddox without grinning; that boy was the absolute spit of his dad and nobody could disagree with that statement.

It wasn’t difficult to adjust to a new baby in the house… and soon there’ll be another!

Nappies, bottles and crying.

Fun!

Maddox has been with us for nearly a month now and was loved by the whole family and then some… nearly the entire pack has been round to meet the future Alpha. He was a hot topic and accepted; Deacon sure had no problem showing him off!

Virginia was helping, but also fighting to take a step back to let Deac bond with his son which was coming along nicely; and the relationships between myself and him, and with Virginia were just getting so much better.

Deacon had done a complete turnaround, he was playing the doting dad and the attentive mate all the while keeping close with his family and slowly stepping up to take over Holden’s position of Alpha.

I had never seen him so interactive and on the ball.

Tonight was my date night with Virginia and I couldn’t wait! I’d planned it perfectly and was beyond excited to take her out on another date; we had decided to implement one date night a month for Deac and myself with our mate to ensure some one-on-one time away from the family and the baby.

After everything we’ve been through, I think we deserve some time to bond and explore our relationship. I missed spending my time with Virginia and knew that now things were settling and Deac was getting used to the new changes he had to make, it was way easier to leave him at home to attend to the pack and his son. So, tonight is my night! My night to wine and dine my mate and spend some quality time getting to know the beautiful woman the wolf gods gave to me.

Dressed in some comfy jeans and my favourite midnight blue v neck t-shirt, paired with a pair of blue converse, I was ready. As I stepped out of my room, fiddling with my hair, trying to make it stay up in that bed head tousled look, I saw Virginia exit her bedroom- beautiful as always. Her hips with hugged tightly by a pair of skinny fit red jeans, a white v neck t-shirt but with an unusual design of splattered fabric paint across it as well as her pink converse, also splattered. It suited her. Everything suited Virginia. It always does; her hair down, long and seemingly windswept, twisted into long ringlets around her beautiful face.

How this woman always managed to take my breath away!

Would it always be like this? Would I always stand gawking like a total loser when I saw her? I’m whipped. Absolutely and pathetically whipped.

Realising I was staring, my cheeks heated and I darted my eyes, not sure where to look, “you look amazing Virginia,” I croak huskily, my hand rubbing nervously at the back of my neck. Why the hell do I feel so nervous? I’ve been on a date with Virginia; I’ve had sex with her for Christ sakes!