Chapter 10

It seems this story is losing readers :(

Hope it picks up soon.

Chapter 10

Flashes

Lizzie POV

I miss my baby boy.

I miss my son.

Where has he gone?

Why did he run away?

Where is he?

Deacon..

Neither Holden, Dean or any of my other children have been able to cease my anxiety or upset.

No amount of sex, cuddles or pack matters have taken the pain away, or the dark cloud from my head.

Is he ok?

Is he eating?

Does he have any money?

Is he in danger?

He is our future alpha!

He is at risk no matter where he is.

Oh my baby boy!

Declan is suffering just as much as I!

His own twin.

Not only have I lost one of my children, but I have to watch the other one fall apart; blame himself for his brother's departure, watch his own mate fall apart, knowing there's nothing he can do to save her.

"Baby? Come on, you need to eat." Holden murmurs softly at my side, trying to coax me into eating a cereal bar- he knows me well enough to know when I'm stressed, I won't eat proper meals, I pick.

I snatch the raspberry and white chocolate chewy oat bar, and rip open the wrapper, "thanks." I mumble.

This soul destroying scene keeps invading my consciousness; Declan unconscious, bleeding.. Suffering.. Being tortured and abused.

It chills my spine, but I can't bear to put that image on anybody else's shoulders so I keep it to myself, begging its not true.

"How are you handling this so well?" I whisper, "why aren't you in the same state as I am? It's your son out there!"

Part of me feels like falling to the floor with the image of my baby boy, but the other part wants to flip and hit out at Holden for not grieving like myself.

"I have to stay strong for you Lizzie. I am trying so hard not to flip out at the pack.. At Dean.. At the kids. It's killing me. I want my son home. Our future Alpha.

Not only am I worrying about his safety, but also the future of our pack. It's ttt- tearing me apart baby." His voice breaks, betraying his bravado.

"Oh Holden!" I gasp, and spin, throwing my arms around him; it's such a relief, a bitter sweet relief that I'm not alone in my pain.

~*~

Darkness surrounds the house; it's surprising that the pack land hasn't been threatened in a few years. Maybe we're stronger than we thought.

But that image never leaves my brain; is the pack under siege from the inside out?

I'm just bring paranoid.

Nestled in between two warm bodies in bed, The Big Bang Theory on the TV for some reason, my eyes begin to droop.

"Sleep." Dean whispers, kissing my temple. He always knows when I'm trying to stay awake.

"Stop forcing yourself to stay awake. We'll wake you if we hear anything," Holden ensures.

With a weak smile, I give in to fatigue, and cuddle in to my pillow.

~*~

Declan POV

The darkness finally surrounds me, my eyelids blocking the world from my view, and pushing reality away from the forefront of my vision.

My plush pillow surrounds my skull, comforting the migraine that throbbed through my brain.

Sighing with relief, I give in to sleep and slump fully into the mattress, letting my tense and aching muscles relax.

"Declan! Mum! Dad! Dean! Someone! Help me!" The pained scream fills my ears; a horrid picture of a dark blood splattered room, filled with shiny weapon and medical instruments littering my eyeballs.

FUCK!

"MUM! DAD!" I find myself sat up right, my eyes bolting open, panting heavily, sweating violently, tears streaming down my face.

My bedroom door opens with a whack, presenting my parents and Holden, concern and shock marred on their caring faces.

"Dea- con. Cap- tured. Tor- ture chamber!" I gasp in panic, trying and failing to get out of bed successfully; tripping and falling to my knees.

"What's happened?" Mum gasps, her face turning as white as a ghost as her legs give way and she falls to the floor unconscious.

What just happened?

Dad and Holden are in a panicked state around her, so I yank myself up, pull myself together and rush over.

Taking control of the situation, I push them both away from mum to give her some air,

"Dad, water, a sugary snack and a cold flannel. Holden, carry her to bed." I'm not used to taking the lead, but if anybody- mum needs me right now."

Without any drama, Dad and Holden do as they're told and snap into action.

~*~

"Just tell us already! What's going on?" Holden snaps for the seventeenth time.

"Not until mum wakes up! Seriously! I know you're worried, but I'm not repeating the same time over and over. Just wait, got it?" I know I shouldn't backchat the Alpha but seriously, this situation isn't just about him.. This is about my mum.. my dearest twin brother..

After explaining my chilling dream once mum awoke, we were all sat there on the bed in silence.

"I had that dream too.." Mum whispered, "I've been having it for days. I didn't know what it was. I saw him laying there.. Helpless.. Suffering.. For days and I didn't do anything about it!"

My stomach churns, "you knew!?" I exclaim, "you fucking knew! How could you!"

Turning on my heel, I sprint from the room; ignoring the darkness, I head out. In hopes of finding and saving my brother