7. Calling Noah

Phil drops Stiles off at the common floor to begin cooking dinner and continues down to find Clint. He arrives at the gym to find several of the others. Steve and Natasha are circling each other in the ring. Bucky and Clint appear to be having some sort of bizarre shooting contest... Phil has learned it is better not to ask. Bruce is perched on a yoga mat in the corner. Rather than interrupt, Phil drops onto one of the benches lining the wall. He leans forward to brace his elbows on his thighs and drops his head to hang while he attempts to massage away some of the tension building in his neck and shoulders.

Slender hands take over for his own as two bodies settles on either side of his own. Phil opens his eyes and scoots forward on the bench to give Natasha more room to work. Then he tilts his head to meet Steve's concerned gaze. "Did something happen?" The soldier asks. The sounds from the range cease as Bucky and Clint become aware of his presence and come over to join the group, Bruce drifting after them.

Phil groans as Natasha encounters a particularly tense portion and then sighs in relief as the muscles unknit under her skillful hands. "I am an idiot, is what happened." He admits. The others don't comment, but Phil can practically hear their skepticism regardless. "Everything was going well at first. Stiles was quiet, but seemed to be enjoying himself anyway. He barely ate at lunch, which can't be good, but it didn't seem like he was shorting himself or anything... just not hungry. He joked with us some and we were pretty successful in building him enough of a wardrobe to get started with. He really seems to like Pepper. They are working on making dinner for us all now - so family dinner tonight."

"That all seems positive Phil." Steve says. "What changed?"

"I wanted to take him to get some stuff for his room after we finished with clothes. You know, decorations and things like that. The stuff you were talking about earlier Clint. Stuff to make his room more personalized." Clint nods in understanding. "Stiles refused and I pushed the issue. Stiles nearly broke down in the middle of the sidewalk." Phil took a deep breath. "And Pepper notice something on back of his nack she said she'll talk about it later"

"Thats not your fault you were trying to help - and I'm sure stiles knows it to."Bucky said Softly.

"Bucky is right phil - and what's problem with Pepper." Natasha ask.

"You didn't saw her face - she was looking pale and I'm hundred present sure it wasn't anything good." Phil said. Already dreading what Pepper have to say.

"Pardon the interruption. Stiles was unable to find pineapple he requires on the common floor and wishes for me to inquire as to availability in your personal stores. Mr Banner - you have pineapple on your floor. Is he welcome to them?"

"I will go grab it and drop it off to him." Bruce says, turning to head to the elevator.

"So what heppend after stiles got upset?" Steve said bringing them back to topic.

"Pepper said we'll just go home -he didn't seem to notice but said - he don't know what home is. he was fine after that offer to make dinner as thank you - Pepper offer to make desart he agreed. He also initiate contact with me by himself for first time - so I thing I didn't push him to far." Phil said

"It's like when Bucky first got here - we are walking through a minefield blind. We don't know what will trip one, but we can pick ourselves back up and keep trying to get to the other side." Clint said looking at Bucky.

"Clint is right. Yeah we had issues when I first started trying to be a person again, but the fact that you all cared enough to keep trying meant so much more that the times you accidentally set me off barely mattered." Bucky says softly.