23. He's My Son

I have no idea why I did this but that idea was soooo tampting to ignore.

I know it will give my story a three sixty degree turn but....I just did.
I know I'm gonna feel like instant regret after postin it but....let's do this.

Tony was sitting on a chair in his lab fidgeting with a screwdriver. He was deep in thoughts, and no matter how much he was trying he couldn't get one name out of his head. Claudia.

He remembered like a picture the day when he first saw Stiles. standing there with Phil and Clint, all nourves and scared. Everyone thought Tony softened his voice and changed his behaviour becouse he noticed something off with Stiles. But it wasn't truth in slightest, he was frozen after seeing those eyes that Stiles have. The eyes he tried his whole life but couldn't forget.

He was not able to think about his suspicious again since that day becouse in how much bad condition Stiles was. He was scared to even think about that matter, what if his suspicious is  true, what if that's why she left him and then just disappeared., What if that's what she meant in that letter., what if he was left in dark with biggest part of his life. What if, what if., what if. All these what if's are scaring him. Scaring Tony Stark to his core.

He grunts and kicked one of the spare part lying near his feet. Completely forgetting that Bruce was in same lab. Bruce's head snapped towerd him. He looked at Tony and then that part of metal Tony just hit, something was wrong for sure. He stopped everything he was doing and walked up to Tony and called his name. No response. He placed his hand on Tony's shoulder finally getting his attention. Tony lookes at him and putts his faced again in a second and gave him a questioning look.

"What's bothering you?" Bruce asks, staight getting at point. Tony gave him a confuced look.

"What do you mean?" Bruce sighs, at his response.

"Tony you can tell me anything, you know that right? I can see from last some weeks something is eating you. Since Stiles showed up to be spacific." Tony's faced broke for a moment but he gets it on place again.

"It just what we all discovered in last some days Bruce....it's getting to all of us. Nothing much." Tony tries to play dumb but Bruce wasn't buying it.

"I know that we just got to know about a whole new world Tony, and it shook us all. We all are protective over Stiles too. But there is something from day one since Stiles came here, since you met him. You have him access to your lab on his first visit...you didn't even does that with Peter. Please just tell me...I can help and keep it secret if you want." Bruce did his best try.

Tony didn't lookes at him, he keep his head to the side. Debating if he should tell Bruce or not when he wasn't sure himself. But he would need Bruce's help if he want to be sure about it. He decides to take the chance.

"I never made friends since childhood. I was just too caught up in that fake world and trying to keep up with my dad's busy schedule that I never got a chance.... but there was that girl, one of my dad's friend's doughter, she always used to come at our house since....I don't even remember the time, maybe I was a toddler then. She and I became good friends instantly, faking my personality in lime light and in school made me hard to get through. Only my mom...and her can do that. I always like to be my real self with her, like I am with you guys now." Tony looks at Bruce with his one of the most genuine smilies.

"When we were 19 we got engaged and..."

You were engaged!" Bruce nearly shouts. It is impossible that Tony was engaged once but no one knew about it. Tony looks at him and sighs.

"It was really private... only my perents and her dad knew about it. We were planning on getting married after completing our studies but....mom and dad got killed right after that. I was not in a good place at that time and I shut her out of my life completely. I wasn't meeting her or letting her contact me....I broke our engagement. I started drinking and all those things I was famous for. She tried to send me some letters but I never read them or replied. After some weeks she gave up and just disappeared.....when I finally tried to meet her, I got to know that her dad also passed away by heart attack just couple of days after my perents. I tried so much but couldn't find her...she was gone." Tony blinks rapidly to avoid tears from falling. Bruce was listing calmly.