18. Season Four

Phil stands with a groan and makes his way into the kitchen. Steve is pouring the hot chocolate into mugs for everyone. He smiles when he notices that Steve is pouring hot chocolate in two Star wars themed mugs that Pepper brought last night for teens, Phil grabs a few mugs to help him pass them around. Stiles accepts his happily after noticing his mug and hums in pleasure as he sips the rich liquid. Clint takes the mug from Phil but is still refusing to make eye contact. Phil tries not to let it get to him - Clint has every right to be upset, and Phil can merely pray that the anger doesn’t fester before they have a chance to talk.

Everybody settles in the kitchen and around the table which is loaded with the excessive amount of snack Sam had put together. Conversation is easy and familiar, and Phil is pleased to see Stiles and Issac merely enjoying their company. The break is needed by all of them and does the team a world of good. Phil can easily see the tension leaking from the group. Even Clint relaxes a bit in the interim, defrosting enough to trail a hand across Phil’s shoulders as he leans past to get some of the diced fruit. That allows Phil to release some of his own tension. He knows that no one in the group is truly relaxed - they still need to process everything they have heard and, knowing this group figure out how they can help, before they will lose that edge they are carrying.

Most of the food has been picked over and depleted when Stiles clears his throat. "Um, would it be ok if I kept talking now? We are through a lot of the story and I really, really just want to be done."

"I also don't know much from here, becouse Chris told me all this and he's not the greatest story teller." Issac declared.

"Of course," Bruce answers. "I for one would rather stay over here - I have had enough of the couch for the moment."

Echoes of agreement sound from the others and Stiles nods easily. "Sounds good to me. This next part isn’t so bad… I may even make it through with no emotional breakdowns." He adds ruefully.

"I am a little nervous to know what you consider ‘not so bad’." Steve says frankly.

"Assassins, a plethora of new supernatural's, some old enemies back for revenge and a lot of killings. That's how Chris started telling me." Issac says with a grin.

Steve blinks at him and Stiles owlishly. "I shouldn’t have asked."

Stiles laughs. "I guess I should start with what happened to everyone after… after. Chris and Isaac left the country - moved to France. I guess neither could handle being in Beacon Hills anymore, which I can understand. Ethan left too, but I don’t know where he went. Danny had broken up with him - dude figured out he was a werewolf, unsurprisingly -"

"Unsurprisingly?" Bucky interrupts. "Why unsurprisingly? I would think werewolf is a bit of a jump."

Stiles raises an eyebrow at him. "You have heard everything that had been going down in Beacon Hills. None - seriously none - of the werewolves are subtle. I have to cover for Issac almost every day almost twice so you guys wouldn't figure something out." Issac smiles sheepishly and everyone remembers sometimes when Issac and stiles were acting weirdly. "And Danny is a smart guy. I’m only surprised it took so long, honestly. He also graduated early and left the town." Phil remembers about Tony doing something for Stiles to complete his graduation in Midtown High School, but he focuses on Stiles right now pushing tht thought aside for now. 

"Malia was out of Eichen House and joined school. Me and Scott started training her to gain control. Dad was  little jumpy around me. Lydia and Scott were trying, but they could barely stand to look at me right after.  Kira was feeling like her mother was reason for me being possess, so she was just not meeting me feeling guilty about it. I… well I was just trying to move on, I guess. I was finding a new normal. Malia and I … we were … I don’t think you can really call it dating, but we were together I guess."