12. Thor

The next week follows the pattern of that first full day at the tower except meeting Issac. JARVIS reads or play's music to awake Stiles once his nightmares attempt to take hold. Stiles gets up, gets dressed and heads to the common floor for coffee, leaving Issac asleep.

Bucky wasn’t kidding. Nearly everyday Stiles joins or is joined by someone else that can’t sleep. Regardless, Stiles will make breakfast and feed the Avengers before they go on their way.

After breakfast Stiles will drop Issac at Gym or theatre witch are Issac's favourite places and heads to either Bruce or Tony’s lab. If he goes to Tony’s, Stiles makes sure to bring a present for DUM-E - a keychain from his backpack, a sketch of a robot, an origami elephant. The little robot is thrilled and carefully puts each one in his box after zooming around Stiles in excitement.

Stiles works his way through several of the projects on Tony’s list and helps Bruce set up several experiments he has been meaning to run. Stiles thrills at the challenges he finds in the labs. Inevitably his five hours is over. JARVIS will shut down whatever he can, and someone will show up to haul Stiles out of the lab.

He spends time with everyone else in the afternoons. He plays video games with Sam, goes to the gym with Steve, listening Issac's stories from France and Natasha spends an afternoon teaching him how to make a complicated Russian dish she remembers from her childhood.

They have a family dinner every night that week, though Stiles only cooks twice more - once with Natasha and once with Bucky assisting. Stiles feels good when everyone makes sure he is eating properly, they never forced him to eat more thay just find or meke something witch will fulfill stiles need of calories. The others take turns providing dinner, ordering takeout if they can’t cook themselves. After dinner Stiles excuses himself and spends the rest of the evening in the library or Roof.

Everyday he grows more comfortable and relaxed with the Avengers. He is more and more pleased that his instincts lead him here.

And everyday the urge to confess, to tell these amazing people that have opened their home and welcome him just what he’s done, grows as well.

Then, on the ninth morning of his stay in the tower, Stiles walks onto the common floor and finds someone new.

First thing stiles notices is red cap and blonde hair of man, witch are covering man's soldiers. Stiles never met him before but he's sure that man is Thor. Before stiles can say something, Thor noticed him and turn to look at him.

"Who are you" Thor asks, his hammer flying into his hand.

"I-I’m Stiles." Stiles whispers nervously.

"Is that supposed to have meaning to me?" Thor asks, eyes narrowing.

"Thor, if I -" JARVIS attempts before Thor cuts him off.

"Be silent JARVIS, I will handle the intruder." Thor waves the signal to mute JARVIS.

Intruder? Stiles realises with an icy flash that Thor thinks he has broken in. "N-no-no, I’m not - I didn’t-" He can’t get the words past the horror choking his throat.

"How did you gain access to these accommodations?" Thor asks menacingly, advancing on Stiles.

Stiles scrambles away, nearly tripping himself as he tries to get to the elevator. "Wait - I’m not -" Stiles reaches the elevator but the doors won’t open. "JARVIS." He pleads.

"Hold on, Stiles." JARVIS’s voice comes from his pocket where his cell phone sits. "Help is coming. Try to tell him about Phil." The AI coaxes, anxiety lacing his voice.

"You will answer me." Thor demands as he grabs Stiles’s shoulder and spins him around. Stiles’s mind goes blank with panic when Thor pins him against the elevator doors with a hand at his throat. As Thor's hand grabs stiles neck, Thor's face is replaced by someone else. Theo.