10. Lab Buddies

The doors open and Stiles has to stop himself from darting forward into the lab. Tony must feel it through the arm he still has over Stiles's shoulders because he chuckles and gives him a quick squeeze. "I know. But wait just a minute alright?" Stiles nods a nd laces his fingers together to keep from trying to touch.

"JARVIS take note - Stiles has level 2 access as of now. I may up it to level 3 depending on how we click as lab buddies." Tony announces as he pushes through the secondary door and into the lab proper.

"Level 2?" Stiles asks, attempting to see everything at once.

"All of the Avengers have have level 1 access. Means that unless I have put the lab into do-not-disturb mode or something they can come in and control a lot of the environmental type stuff - turn the lights on and off, adjust the music volume, that kind of thing." He pauses and Stiles nods his understanding. "Level 2 is what you and Pepper have. You can break through the simple do-not-disturb and you can actually read most of the files and stuff. Great for exploring but not much you can actually do. Level 3 is what Bruce has and what you will get if you stick around. He essentially has free rein to play."

"So sorta like authorities on a computer? I have read-only access and Bruce has both read and write access?" Stiles asks.

Tony blinks. "Yeah that is a good way to put it actually."

"Cool." Stiles says, trying to examine a blueprint on the table next to him.

"Go, be free, run wild, whatever. Explore. Ask whatever you want - Bruce, JARVIS or I will try to answer anything. If you get bored exploring aimlessly, JARVIS has a list of simpler tasks I have been meaning to do. You can try your hand with some of those. JARVIS - give Stiles access to whatever he needs to complete those if he wants to."

"Thanks, Tony!" Stiles grins and start walking deeper in lab. doing whatever he think he can. He must be doing things from hours when Bruce come and told him some kind of regular checkup. He nods and went with him where Tony and Bucky are talking.

He makes a face apon seeing a needle when Bruce said he need just some of his blood. Tony chuckles on his reaction. But apologies unapologeticly after Bucky and Bruce's gleyars. After giving blood he went back to his work with Jarvis leaving three avengers to talk about something serious.

Bruce, Tony and JARVIS answer every random question he asks, and Stiles thrills in the new knowledge. Stiles is working on one of the projects from Tony's list - a tiny, delicate circuit board that requires all of his focus - when the music suddenly cuts off. Blinking in surprise, Stiles straightens and winces as his back pop painfully as it unclenches from his hunched position.

Bucky is standing just inside the lab, shaking his head. "Alright," he says, "time to get out of the lab."

"No!" Stiles protests quickly. "I'm having fun. It's only been a few hours. Can't I hang out a little longer?"

"Of course you can. You are welcome whenever. Oh yeah -JARVIS up Stiles to level 3 access." Tony answers, disappearing back into the tangle of parts in front of him.

"Stiles, it hasn't been a few hours... it's been seven." Bucky says with amusement. "I brought you lunch over three hours ago." He points.

Stiles glances down to the table next to him. A plate with the remains of a mostly eaten sandwich and fruit sits there. He blinks at it in confusion. He had forgotten about that. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." Bucky says, shaking his head with a wry smile. "And I warned you I would be back to drag you out in a few hours. You shouldn't sit in the lab all day. It's too late for those two," he adds with a gesture to Tony and Bruce who are ignoring him completely, "but I haven't given up on you, yet."