The Freshman

Every fall, confident high school seniors transform into nervous college freshman. They leave their parents' home for the hallowed halls of higher education. And now like any new venture, starting college holds the promise of limitless opportunity. The opportunity to conquer a new territory or to try to be a little less lonely. But just because the opportunity presents itself doesn't mean everybody is ready to take it.

Today Dan and Blair move into NYU, Serena leaves for Brown and what am I doing? Neither of those things. I'm enrolled at Columbia and we don't start yet and I'm already moved into my dorm even if I don't plan on staying there. I'd rather stay in my room at home than stay in a dorm which a bunch of wannabe Blair's.

Chuck is dealing with business and Nate is sneaking around with Bree Buckley which limits my options on what to do today so I decide to meet up with Oliver and Olivia at there building in Brooklyn. It's probably not the smartest idea to be getting high this early in the day but I never said I was smart.

I'm goofing off with Olivia doing some body shots with some of the guys when Oliver storms over and drags me away.

"Hey, watch it," I say.

"What are you doing?" He demands.

"Um... hanging out," I respond growing annoyed. "And would you take your hand off of me."

"Your embarrassing me," he seethes.

"In front of a bunch of coked up teens," I laugh.

"Yeah, in front of a bunch of cokes up teens," he mocks.

"Yeah whatever," I saw trying to get out of his grip but he won't let go.

"Will you just let me go you moron," I shout and he finally does before I'm greeted with a slap to the face and my first reaction is to push his face into the wall... oops. He did not like that and it turns into a big fight leaving us both badly bruised and bleeding.

"I'm done you piece of shit," I say throwing my heel at him before storming away.

So here I am walking through Brooklyn with one heel on, blood running down my face, legs, knuckles and what's sure to be a body full of blood. In the amount of time it takes me to get from Brooklyn back home not one person stops to even ask if I'm okay, never mind help. I guess the world has run out of human decency.

Thankfully when I get home Rufus is nowhere to be seen so I can peacefully make it to my room. I decide to take photos of my body so I can see how bad it is and wow is it bad. I can barely see my own skin due to all the bruises. My knuckles are next level fucked up and well my face, I don't think you'd know it was me if you seen me. I jump into the shower and spend the next ages washing off all this blood.

By the time I wake up the next morning thankfully the swelling has gone down but the bruises are still an issue. No matter how much make up I apply I can't seem to make it look normal so I do the only thing I can think off to cover this and throw myself down the stairs. I know you must be wondering why I'd do that but the pain isn't as bad as last night and I may be stupid but I don't want anyone knowing what happened.

He must have heard the commotion because Rufus come running out of his room and helps me up.

"Are you okay?" He asks me genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine," I say as he helps me hop over to the couch.

"Maybe we should ring a doctor?" He asks.

"It's nothing, I must have fallen down these stairs a million times," I tell him.

He grabs a first aid kit and wraps up my ankle and gives me an ice pack for my face.

"Come on why don't we watch grease," I suggest.

"I'll make my chilli," he says and I fist pump.

We spend the next few hours bonding over chilli and musicals.

Later that night I'm in bed eating ice cream when I get a text from Carter Baizen telling me he's downstairs so I tell him to come up.

"Jesus what happened to you?" He reacts.

"Fell down the stairs," I shrug.

"Looks like some nasty fall," he replies and I shrug again.

"Come on," I tell him patting the bed beside me. "So what's up?"

"Just needed a friend," he tells me and I smile pulling a spoon out of my bedside table and hand it to him.

"Now why don't you massage my ankle," I suggest laughing and he actually does. What a guy.

"Why don't we order a pizza?" He adds grabbing the tv remote.

"You know me so well," I laugh. He ends up putting on some romcom that we spend the next few hours laughing at while finishing our ice cream and pizza. I'm glad to have a friend in Carter. I know I've slept with him in the past but his friendship is different to Nate's, even Chucks. I harbour no romantic feelings for Carter he's just a good friend and great in bed if you must know.

Okay so this chapter is short and not much happens as it was really about NYU and all that. Also I'm so sorry for not updating sooner but my siblings lost my laptop and when I found that they lost the charger but I'm gonna test out watching it on my tv while having a transcript open on my phone so hopefully that works.

Anyways I originally was gonna do a whole abusive relationship with Oliver but I really want to develop Kim with one of the guys so I had to break them up. And Kim's life is a mess already so it had to be messy.

Let me know what guy to have Kim with now.