The Dark Night

In these last, hazy days of summer... a few simple tips to beat the heat:
One: Drink plenty of fluids.
Two: Stay out of the sun.
Three: Limit all physical activity. That is, within reason.
And if the heat's still too much, there's always a cold shower.

I was woken up that morning by my phone buzzing and I was going to ignore it but since I'm up now I decided to check it, turns out it was a Gossip Girl blast.

Spotted: S and Lonely Boy locking lips like all is forgiven. Will round two be any different?

Well good for them, they are cute together.

I decide to get dressed and go downstairs for some food when I run into Chuck, Nate and some girl.

"What have I just walked into?" I ask coming down the stairs. "This better not be some weird shit."

"One can only hope so," Chuckles Chuck.

"Ew gross," I reply.

"You're just jealous you weren't invited," Chuck  responds.

"In what world," I laugh.

"As amusing as this is I'm going to head out," Nate speaks up heading for the elevator.

"Breakfast," I mumble heading to the fridge to find something to eat. I grab some toast and a yoghurt and head back to my room.

***

I always forget the life I'm supposed to be living now when I agreeing to attend parties.

Everyone has a drink in hand and I feel a little left out and very tempted to get one myself but have to stop myself.

Suddenly the power goes out and I hear everyone around me freaking out.

"Everyone stay calm, I'm sure the power will be back on in a second," Blair calls out from where ever she is.

It's so dark in here I can't even see two feet in front of myself.

Blair starts to bring out candles and I grab one, I've never done well in the dark.

How does a city wide blackout even happen?

I growing anxious from the dark, have I mentioned I'm deadly afraid of the dark? I can't help myself and grab a drink from one of the waiters and down it all before grabbing another.

I go sit by the bar and take full advantage of it while the lights are still out. The moment the lights come back on I quickly remove myself from the bar and across the room before anyone realised what I was doing.

Marcus and Blair come running down the stairs.

"Did you really not know it was him?" Marcus shouts, gaining everyone's attention. What has Chuck done now?

"Can you honestly tell me that?" He asks Blair.

"No, I knew it was him," Blair responds and I hear people gasp.

"Thank you," Marcus says before turning to leave.

"But I want you," she answers.

"No Blair. You want my title, the idea of who I am but you clearly want him which makes me a fool because I actually did want you, I do want you."

I feel a bit awkward listening to their fight but they are fighting in public in front of everyone.

"Then show me. I'm not some delicate little flower. Show me you want me," Blair demands and Marcus kisses her.

I think it might be best if I leave, I'm definitely past tipsy at this point. At the elevator I find Nate and we ride down together.

"The dark?" He questions knowing how afraid I am.

"Yup," I answer.

Once we get out of the elevator Nate decides to bring me home, always the gentleman that one.

Once we get back to my house I bring him into a kiss and drag him upstairs to my room.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod, pushing him down onto my bed and bringing him back into a kiss.

After we finish Nate falls asleep beside me and I realise what I've done. Not only did I break two of my rules tonight but I enjoyed it, who was I kidding when I thought I could be a new person, a better person. I was always meant to be rich, spoiled, party girl.

Since we are in my room and I didn't have the heart to wake Nate up I quickly get dressed and sneak out. He'd look for me in Chucks room so I go to the one place I can think of Dan Humphrey's.

I apologise for coming and explain everything to him, he tells me it's okay and shows me to his bed to sleep. His bed is a lot softer than I thought it was going to be.

Thinking back over tonight's events and everything that happened this summer, I wonder if the new Kim was even the way to go. I'm going to give it one more try and if I fail then I was always meant to be the old Kim.