Bonfire Of The Vanity

"Though it seems like yesterday Serena and I were eight, playing dress up in my mother's vintage Manolos... my eighteenth birthday has finally arrived," Blair says a addressing her sheep, who all giggle.

"The party needs to be perfect. So blood-orange martinis or beluga and Belvedere?" She asks.

"I don't really care as long as it's alcohol," I answer.

"Why don't we make different drinks tonight and taste test?" Penelope suggest.

Looking around at the sheep I realise I actually don't know them all, I know Isabel and Penelope because they've been around the longest but who's the other two.

"Oh, I can't. I'm meeting my mother's new boyfriend," Blair responds and the sheep gasp and now I'm remembering why I don't like them.

"Even moms have boyfriends and I don't," the ginger answers.

"Nobody likes desperate," I reply sipping my champagne. I swear the girl chokes on her strawberry but she doesn't respond.

With Nate out of town and oh yeah me not speaking to him and my only other friends being Chuck the playboy and Dan who's super busy writing, I had no other choice but to accompany Serena to this riveting gathering.

"Cyrus had been my mom's attorney since the divorce. He asked her out when they first met, but she didn't want to mix business with pleasure. Finally, his amorous overtures wore her down and she agreed to dinner. She's been smitten ever since," Blair says and I honestly fall asleep listening, this is such a snore fest.

Blair keeps gushing about her mom and her new boyfriend and I don't really care enough to listen, it's quite boring.

And when Penelope brings up Aaron I excuse myself to the bathroom, all this relationship talk is making me nauseous.

Once in Blair's bathroom I actually vomit, was it something I ate? Or did that boring conversation actually make me sick? Or... no, nope, not even going there. Definitely not.

I excuse myself from Blair's and find myself in a shop in Brooklyn looking at pregnancy tests. This is the second time in my life I've had to buy some I just hope this time it doesn't turn out like the last, I mean I couldn't be pregnant I've been so careful.

I decided to come to this shop in Brooklyn in hopes nobody will recognise me and tell Gossip Girl like they did to Serena last year.

I grab a random box of tests and quickly buy it before anyone gets the chance to see me.

Coming out of the shop I run into Dan Humphrey, quite literally.

"Woah," I say, realising it's him.

"Sorry. Kim?" He asks.

"In the flesh," I laugh.

"What brings you to Brooklyn? And don't tell me pancakes because that's that way," he says pointing to his right.

"Okay, okay. You caught me, it's not just pancakes I love about Brooklyn, they also have the best art gallery. I was just on my way there now," I say, coming up with the first thing that came to mind, why would I even be going to his dads gallery? Ummmm I don't know, maybe mom needs new art? Yes exactly new art.

"Okay..." he answers.

"My mom," I answer a bit to fast. "My mom is looking for some new pieces."

"Ah."

"Yeah so I thought I'd check out what your dad had to offer," I respond.

"I'd come with you but I'm actually running late for something," he answers.