The Wrath Of Con

Four wise men once said: I get by with a little help from my friends. But on the Upper East Side there's the added challenge... of figuring out who those really are.

I wake up to a call from Chucks private investigator telling me he couldn't find any connection between me and Gabriel. I swear I know him from somewhere but I just don't know where.

On my way downstairs I hear my mother gushing about how Serena's becoming a wonderful woman and gives her a bracelet that belonged to our great grandmother. I'll admit it kinda hurt, I get it I'm the family screwup and nobody wants to praise me for becoming a wonderful woman since I'm still a messed up kid.

I promptly turn around and sneak back upstairs before they finish talking.

While I'm getting dressed Serena enters my room.

"I need your help," she says.

"My help?" I ask.

"Yes, come on," she says dragging me to her room. She didn't even give me time to finish dressing so here I am wearing a top that either belongs to Chuck or Nate that barely covers my ass and probably the smallest pair of underwear I own, but hey at least I'm wearing knee high socks.

I'm a little surprised when Blair enters the room followed by Nate.

"I'm so glad you came, B. Thank you so much for— bringing Nate?" Serena says slightly confused on the last part.

Nate gives me a strange look I can't decipher and that's when I realise it's definitely he's top I was sleeping in.

"I'm just as flummoxed as you are. I got out at 53rd and made a run for it, but he's faster than he looks," Blair responds.

"Can somebody explain was going on?" I ask after laughing a bit to much at Blair's response.

"Don't tell me that hick gave you scabies," Blair adds.

"He's gone, with all the money," Serena sighs flopping down in the bed beside me.

"And B if you tell me I told you so right now, I might lose it, so please don't," she adds.

"I'm sorry. This isn't something I wanted to be right about," Blair explains and I'm still so confused but I'm going to let them have their moment.

"Are you okay?" B asks.

"I don't know. I'm trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't," Serena explains. "It doesn't make any sense."

"Feelings never do. They get you all confused then you drive around for hours until they drop you right back where you started," Blair replies.

"Am I the only one feeling like we are interrupting something," I whisper to Nate who agrees with me.

"I need to fix this," Serena says.

"How can we help?" Nate asks, ever the knight in shinning armour.

"Well I have a plan. Tell me if you guys think it's crazy," Serena responds. I guess nobody's actually going to explain everything I missed but I'm along for the ride anyway.

Serena explains her plan to us and of course it's nothing to crazy for us, I'm sure we've pulled of crazier schemes. And thankfully the finally tell me what is going on and I'm so pissed at that slime ball.

"Nice shirt," Nate says sitting down beside me while Serena calls Gabriel.

"This old thing?" I reply with a laugh as Chuck enters the room.

"I hope you had an enjoyable ride back on my leather seats," Chuck says to Blair who shushes him.

"Because umm.. I might as well just say it now, because I might get too scared again. I think I might be pregnant," Serena says into the phone and I chuckle imaging Gabriel's reaction.