Blair Waldorf Must Pie!

As per Gossip Girl's Thanksgiving tradition I'm trading my laptop for stovetop. And for the next 16 hours the only thing I'm dishing is seconds. When the cat's away, the mice will play. Have fun, little rodents.

I don't know why but the family decided to take a trip out and about, usually I'd complain but it's Thanksgiving.

"I know it's my fault we're here, but let's not get crazy," she says.

"What are you complaining about?" Our Mother asks. "I'm just trying to provide my family with a home-cooked meal."

"You don't know how to cook," adds Eric.

"I've never even seen you use a microwave, let alone an oven," I laugh.

"Well, don't blame me. Talk to your sister. She's the one who got us exiled from the Waldorfs," reply's Mom.

"I'm sorry," says Serena.

"Even if you do cook we don't have an oven, that's prob why you haven't seen her use one Kim," chuckles Eric. We burst out laughing at his words.

"Preaching to the converted, Eric. Look, we'll just pick up a few things and try to make do," responds Mom.

"Like Peking duck on Thanksgiving," laughs Eric.

"Hmm. Not a bad idea," replies Mom and I snort.

"I can bake dessert, that's pretty much it for me," I tell them.

"Consider my exceptions low" says Eric.

"I'll have you know I can make a damn good cake, I'd honestly be so fat right now if Cece didn't intervene," I tell him.

"There's nothing wrong with having chinese food on Thanksgiving," says Mom, and I sigh. "Jews have been doing it on Christmas since forever."

Forgetting chinese, she tries to get a pumpkin. I don't know why we can't just order out.

Serena comes back from a phone call and announces thanksgiving at the Humphrey's, the look on Lily's face was priceless. She'd probably rather eat the pumpkin than go to Brooklyn but I'd actually like to meet Mr Humphrey from what Dans told me he sounds awesome.

***

Dan announces our arrival and a woman I'm guessing is his mother comes to welcome us, telling him we're lucky the turkeys still hot. In all honesty I'd still eat a cold turkey, I am famished.

"Mom, this is Serena and this is her sister Kim and brother Eric," Dan introduces us to this mother.

"It is so nice to meet you," she shakes our hands.

"Same," I reply, admittedly lying. From what Dan has briefly mentioned about his mother I don't care for her.

"And this is their mother, Lily," Dan adds.

"Happy Thanksgiving," Mom says.

Dan's mother takes everyone's coats and his dad gives everyone a job to do. I had to fill water glasses and light candles, I didn't mind the little job he gave us was kind of refreshing. Usually I'm the one telling my staff what to do.

***

"Mrs. van der Woodsen, what were Thanksgivings like growing up? Serena said you were raised in California?" Dan asks my mom who is drinking wine like water. Admittedly I'm drinking Vodka like water but everyone thinks it is water.