Dan de Fleurette

The first day of a new Queens reign... nervous subjects twitter and tweet. Will she continue where the old Queen left off or strike out on her own? And what of Queen B, we hear N.Y.U is not yet under her golden thumb. Is she biding her time or simply doing time? But the real story this morning is a Queen of the silver screen just enrolled at N.Y.U. Rumour has it she wants to keep a low profile. Sorry, your majesty not if I can help it.

"How have you never heard of Olivia Burke?" Nate asks Dan.

"I envision Dan as more of a reader than a watcher," I reply, I mean it makes sense. I'm not sure I've even seen Dan look at a television screen.

"Sorry if I thought he lived in Brooklyn, not a cave," Nate answers.

"No, I think I have heard of her. She's uh, what. She's the star of those zombie pirate movies?" Dan asks not sure of his answer.

"Vam-vampire knights," Nate answers him. Got to say I'm shocked Nate would be into Vampires.

"Since when does Nate Archibald watch vampire movies," I chuckle.

"The endless knights series has made like a billion dollars. It's King Arthur with vampires. Are you serious right now?" Nate says but continues before anyone can even reply. "No. She plays Guinevere, but, like, a hot, blood-sucking Guinevere."

"Well, being that I have no idea what she looks like, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for her," Dan replies as I order a hotdog from the street cart we just reached.

As the vendor hands me my hotdog, Nate reminds me we have class so we excuse ourselves from Dan and make way to Columbia.

"Remind me why I even enrolled in college?" I ask the world, I hate college.

"Because of your mother," Nate answers and I sigh. He makes a great point, my mother is obsessed with college. I'm so glad I'm not Serena right now.

"The years only started and I'm already sick of writing papers, there's only so much one person can do," I tell him.

"Maybe you shouldn't be majoring in political science them," he smirked knowing full well he was right but I wasn't going to admit to that.

"No that's not it," I reply.

"Yeah, I'm sure it isn't," he chuckles. "Why did you even pick political science?"

I didn't want to admit I picked it to give his grandfather more of a reason to want us together so I decided to lie, "It sounded fun."

"Our definitions of fun have always been different," he replies and I shrug.

Feelings are complicated, I'm over Nate. I truly am but why do I want his grandfathers approval so much? I guess if I had to marry someone for love it would be Nate. But if I wanted a marriage of convince I guess I'd marry Chuck, he's mega rich and we could still sleep with other people in the side. It would basically be our relationship now.

Why am I thinking so much about marriage right now? I hate marriage but I'm in college now and I know this is the next thing my mom is going to be nagging me about, she never stops. She probably wouldn't want me marrying her adopted son, but who else am I going to marry, Dan? That would probably give her a heart attack.

"I'll see you later," I say, heading off to my own classes. The year has only started and I've been to more college classes than high school ones. There's a seventy-five percent chance I drop out before the semester is over but here we go.

I've already met two girls in my course whose parents forced them to go. Amelia Albrecht, her family is a big deal in Europe or something but she doesn't come from the main line so while she may inherit a fortune from her parents, she doesn't have the power.