The Goodbye Gossip Girl

Like everything on the Upper East Side... high school graduation is done a little differently. Who needs pomp and circumstance when you have paparazzi?

Ah Graduation, I never really thought I'd make it this far. I always thought my life would go one of three ways: 1) I get expelled from school, 2) I'd get arrested or 3) I'd overdose and this time nobody would be there to save me. I guess there's a fourth option: graduation.

Why do the boys get blue robes while I'm stuck with this disgusting green? It's really not fair. At least my dress is black so it's doesn't clash. I opted for a strapless, extremely short like thigh high latex black dress with some black strap heels to match. And that's basically my style summed up, short and black. Of course my graduation robes are covering it right now so my mother can't complain.

As soon as I reach the school I run into William van der Bilt, quite literally.

"Oops sorry," I laugh.

"It's perfectly fine," he chuckles. "I'll be seeing you at the party later?"

"I wouldn't miss it," I reply back before heading of to look for my friends.

The first person I notice is Nate with Vanessa and it just doesn't bring me the same jealousy is used to. Don't get me wrong of course I hooked up with Nate after prom but after that we agreed to move on and remain best friends so I've finally put my feelings for Nate to rest.

Next I notice Dan so I decide to join him.

"Hey," I say grabbing his attention.

"Look at you all ready for graduation," he chuckles.

"I'm only wearing this stupid robe because I'd probably be kicked out for what's underneath," I reply.

"Can't have that now can we," he chuckles. "There's Nate and Vanessa let's join them."

"Sure," I reply.

"Party, what party?" Dan asks and we join the others.

"My after grad party, I figured I'd at least do something to commemorate my time here. So I hope to see you there. All of you," Nate replies before walking off.

"Is that a program," I ask Vanessa.

"Yeah," she says handing it to me. "You guys should smile more. Today's the first day of the rest of your lives."

"Way ahead of you," Dan responds with a smile.

"Pass," I add handing the program to Dan before walking away. I need to find a quiet corner somewhere to smoke a joint.

I spend about five minutes smoking my joint in quiet before I hear out headmistress address everyone.

"Everyone line up so we can make our way down. Girls on one side, boys on the other."

I quickly put out the joint and get in line behind Serena and Blair. Everyone claps as we enter the hall which I hate. I'm glad to take my seat but I wish I was beside Nate and Chuck but I guess Serena and Blair works.

"Dear friends, colleagues. As we stand here today, we bear witness to a bright new beginning.... the possibilities are endless after all."

I'm barely even listening to the ceremony but I do notice when all of our phones go off at the same time which can only mean one thing, Gossip Girl.