The Serena Also Rises

When the white tents blossom in Bryant Park it can only mean one thing: Fashion Week. The time of year when any Park Ave. princess would trade her last Prada pochette for front row seats to the best shows. And we hear the seating chat for Eleanor Waldorf's show is being made by our very own B.

I wake up late and quickly get ready for school and take a quick line to help with with my hangover from last night, I have a whole summers wort of partying to catch up on.

Coming down stairs I find our home turned into a museum.

"There's a Mapplethorpe that's coming up for auction..." I hear my mom saying to some woman.

"Wait a Mapplethorpe. Isn't that the one who took all the pictures of naked guys?" Serena asks.

"Yeah um not just guys," my mom answers and I swear I died. Lily van der Woodsen well I guess Lily Bass posed naked that comes as a big shock to the system.

"You posed for him?" I ask joining her and Serena.

"Well I kept it a secret but I think you are old enough to know," she responds.

"Isn't not one of those ones where you can't tell if it's a bellybutton or....?" I ask.

"It's very tasteful, I assure you," she laughs.

"You just became the coolest mom on the Upper East Side," Serena gushes.

"I think she always was," I add laughing.

"Oh, thank you," mom replies smiling.

"We better get to school though, we are majorly running late," I add grabbing a water from the kitchen.

"I'll see you girls later," mom replies before turning back to the woman who's with her and discussing art.

***

At school I notice the sheep gushes over Blair and I with myself being the old Kim I couldn't help myself but join them.

"Oh, my God, second-row seats to your mother's show?" Some girl with green glasses and black hair says excitedly.

"Oh, my God, those are total movie-star seats," Penelope squeals.

"What you mean you don't have first row seats to every show in town?" I say taking a seat beside Blair.

"How did you manage that?" Is asks with even more excitement than she had for Blair's tickets.

"They were actually a present from Bart. Apparently everybody wanted someone from the van der Woodsen/Bass family and they requested me," I say shrugging like it's nothing.

"Serena's in Women's Wear Daily," some ginger announces.

"With Poppy Lifton," Is adds.

"Serena could, like, die now knowing that's she's lived a fulfilled life," the ginger says.

"Yeah I don't think meeting that trash bag is fulfilling life but I guess when your so low on the food chain people like Poppy excite you," I answer standing up and brushing my clothes off. "I'll see you guys around."

***

After school I headed back home to have a private party in my room with some guy from school. We've just finished round three and I'm parched so I make my way down stairs in nothing but his shirt and wild sex hair.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I notice Dan and Chuck looking at me.

"Oh, hi," I say waving at them.