The Ex-Files

Wakey wakey, Upper East Siders. Welcome to the first day of senior year and the onset of a new social dynasty. The big question is, with Serena single and on top of the world will Constance become the house of van der Woodsen?

Somehow I haven't been expelled from school so here we go, first day of senior year.

Like every year I'm having breakfast with my family and of course I'm having pancakes with water this time around.

"I can't believe you got Bart to wear flip-flops. I can't picture that," Serena laughs, replying to our mother who's telling us about her honeymoon.

"It was so cute. Every time we'd go for a walk on the beach I'd catch him staring down at his feet," my mom laughs in reply.

"It all sounds so romantic," I say, genuinely happy for her.

"Are we expecting more people?" Eric asks as the waiter places more food on the table.

"Well, it is your first day of school and I was trying to be motherly," mom answers.

While Serena and my mom talk I decide to turn to Eric and see how he's doing.

"Excited?" I ask him.

"Same old same old," he replies but gets cut of by Chuck joining us.

"Last time you said you felt violated," he says to Serena before turning to my mom. "Welcome home—"

"Say "Mom" and I will kill you in your sleep,"Serena adds.

"Decaf, Serena. I was going to say "Mrs. Bass," he says.

"That sounds weird," I add and Serena chuckles.

"Thank you, Charles. Bart had to fly to Beijing on business but he sends his best," mom tells him.

"Aw so you mean dad won't be here to send us off, darn," I reply back with an eye roll.

"How very Kim 2.0 of you," Chuck laughs.

Shit he's right though, I keep getting caught up in everything and I forget how I'm a new person now.

"We were talking romantic getaway, walking on the beach. Details," Serena adds cutting everyone else off.

"I think I just barfed," I say pushing my pancakes away from me.

"I could stay home and we could go to lunch, you could tell me all about it," Serena says.

"Stay home? It's your first day of—"

"Serena and Dan broke up," I say.

"Tragic. If not entirely unprecedented but no without an upside. Humphrey was holding you back. You're a born queen. This is your year to rule," Chuck adds.

"This time I did barf. Her year to rule? Would this have something to do with a headband wearing brunette?" I ask.

"Not at all," he smirks.

"Grab the OJ. There's champagne in the limo," he tells Eric before walking out.

"He's kidding. I think," Eric replies when Lily looks at him.

"No he's not," I add, grabbing the OJ and following out after him.

Getting into the limo beside Eric I hand Chuck the OJ and grab a bottle of water instead of champagne, sadly.

***

Once we arrive at school I leave the guys talking about girls to go find something better to do. I notice Blair screening potential projects and victims but leave her to it, I'm not really into that.