Summer, Kind Of Wonderful

Unlike the rest of us, sex, lies and scandal never take a vacation. Instead, they take the Long Island Expressway and head east to the Hamptons. Some would say summer is their busiest season. Think Park Avenue, but with tennis whites and Bain de Soleil. The players change, but the game remains the same.

Summer what a wild ride you've been. Boys, sex and drugs, what else can one ask for.

I'm lounging on the beach reading a book, you know what they say work hard play hard. Chuck is surrounded by an army of clearly desperate women.

I hear a blast on my phone beside me and reluctantly pick it up to see it's from Gossip Girl.

"Spotted: Blair Waldorf at Charles de Gaulle, homework bound. What could possibly make Queen B abandon her two dads before Labour Day? We bet Chuck Bass wants to know."

Removing my sunglasses I take a peak at Chuck but I can't decipher his face, so I don't know how he's feeling about the blast but really do I even care?

"Mr Chuck, is there something you need care taking of?" I hear one of the girls from his pose say and I literally gag, they are so desperate.

"The only thing I need to take care of is you. And you. And you," Chuck reply's and I can't take this anymore.

Standing up I throw my towel at Chuck and tell him I'll see him later but he was too preoccupied with his women to even notice.

After I get a safe distance away I take out my phone to continue reading.

"Also spotted Serena van der Woodsen on Coopers Beach, alone again. We heard talk that things are heating up with Nate Archibald... and where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But if that's the case why has Nate fallen right off our radar and Serena is always sighted solo? Wonder what she'd do if she knew Lonely Boy wasn't so lonely anymore."

Okay interesting, so Dan's seeing someone? That kind of comes as a shock to the system.

"Well, well, well, Lonely Boy. Maybe dating and dumping Serena wasn't such a bad idea. Looks like it's time to give you a new nickname. How about Playboy?"

No just no, I couldn't contain my laughter. Dan Humphrey a player? No way. I guess way to go Humphrey.

"As for little J, looks like this summer has been all work and no play."

Who cares.

"What about Kim? What has she been up to this summer? She fell of our radar and only recently popped back up in the Hamptons. What could you have been doing all summer long Kim? Most rumours say she's spent the summer in rehab, while the rest say she was cooped up in a drug den somewhere. I for one would like to know."

Yeah, yeah, just rumours about me once again. How come I appear less on Gossip Girl now than I did before? Am I really that good at being secretive or do I have a guardian angel somewhere?

***

After a peaceful stroll around the beach I return to the house to find Chuck styling his hair in the mirror.

"I think this may be the first time I've seen you look in a mirror all summer," I joked.

He continues to fix his hair and I sigh "Nervous?" I ask him.

"If you must know I'm on my way out to Lily pond. With the triplets returning to Rio I thought I'd continue my tour of South America. I'm thinking Argentina."

"I'm sure the pilot will love the flowers," I laugh, after noticing flowers laying on his bed.

"Or maybe you heard Blair's on her way here on the Jitney?"