In The Realm Of Basses

Gossip Girl here, welcoming you to the new year... when Manhattanites who flew south for the sun... return to their Park Avenue perches. Which means I have a lot of catching up to do. Word is, Serena van der Woodsen tangoed in the new year in the plazas of Buenos Aires. Guess that means Lonely Boy was all alone when the clock tolled 12. And what of Little J? Rumor is, she's trading runways for hallways. So long, high fashion. Hello, high school. Blair Waldorf has been spotted making inroads at the Colony Club. With high school nearing its end has Queen B found a new social ladder to climb? And Kimberly van der Woodsen, I hear you asking? It's seems she's traded Chuck Bass for Jack Bass. The two have been awfully cozy at The Palace. So they only real question remaining: Where in the world is Chuck Bass? And is he ever coming back.

My first day of school and I'm at The Palace helping Jack with Chuck. Chuck is an absolute mess and that's something coming from me.

He manages to sneak out and I'm stuck with Jack.

"Where'd my nephew get to?" He asks me when he returns from answering an important call or whatever.

"Beats me," I reply, treating myself to Chuck's liquor cabinet.

"At least that gives us some time," he says coming up and kissing my neck.

"Let me get one thing straight Jack, this between us is just sex, nothing more," I say drinking my scotch.

"Just how I like it," he replies leading me into the bedroom.

After a few rounds of what I've got to say is good sex, Jack gets a call from the school about Chuck so he leaves to sort whatever that's about out and I'm on my own again.

I decide to take out my phone and stare at the last message Nate sent me the day after Bart's funeral. It simply reads "I love you." And I can't help but overanalyse it. That night I think I came to terms with the fact that Nate and I are meant to be just friends and then he goes and tells me he loves me.

With nothing else to do and Nate on my mind I decide to go for a run, which of course just reminded me of Nate even more. I thought I could bang Nate out of my system but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I decide to stop at my favourite place in Brooklyn and think about everything that's led me to this point.

Teenage pregnancy. Last summer I spent a whole month in rehab under the cover of travelling the world, I managed to overdose twice during the first week of summer and Lily sent me away. The whole new Kim thing was just me trying to buy some good favour with her. Howie's arrest, Nate breaking my heart and Bart's death.

When I think about it all I just want to grab a bottle and drown my sorrows, so that's what I'm going to do. I grab myself a cab and head to Victrola to meet Chuck and drink ourselves into oblivion.

***

My second day of school went as well as the first. I spent the day at Victrola with Chuck and set up a party.

The party is in full swing and I've just come off strange from performing a routine with the girls, it was actually quite fun.

"Quite a show," Jack whispers into my ear as I come of stage.

"Glad you enjoyed it," I whisper back and he smirks.

"How about a private show?" He asks.

"Where's the fun in that," I say back dragging him over to one of the couches and giving him a lap dance in front of everyone.

The crowd cheers and Jack smirks.

Once I finished with the dance I decided to head to the bar, looking at my phone again I sigh and hit send on the reply I typed out the first minute he sent me that message, "I love you too."

Suddenly I've had enough of this party and decide to find something or someone to distract myself.

I end up going home with some guy I just met who offered me drugs so I'd say that it was a win win for both us.

That is until I'm so zoned out I don't notice him leaving or when my body starts to freeze and I can't breath, or when I feel myself losing consciousness and I just this is it.

I manage to find my phone and hit 1 on speed dial and manage to croak out help but if help comes I don't know. My eyes start to drift and soon all I can see is black.

The year scarcely turned, and already the secrets have begun. Where will it end this time? The new year isn't about what happened. It's about what's to come. But the past is always with us, just waiting to mess with the present. And when it does, I'll be watching. XOXO, Gossip Girl.

A/N: any theories on who Kim rang?