You've Got Yale!

True love and betrayal. Revenge and more revenge. A heroine with an impossible goal. If only Mozart had lived on the Upper East Side. But you can keep your magic flute, Amadeus. All this Queen wants is a golden ticket to Yale.

I had finally decided on college. Reluctantly I've decided to attend Columbia with Nate. I mean if I have to go to college then I'd rather stick close to home and have someone I know there.

When I wake up I notice Serena, Dan, mom and Rufus in the kitchen so I quickly turn around and head back to my room, I'll just grab something on the way to school.

When I finally leave my room again I find Rufus and my mom making out, totally ew.

"I would say get a room but yours it right above mine. Please try to remember that," Eric says and I laugh.

"Come one Eric we're going to be late," I say, dragging him to the elevator.

At school everyone is freaking out because it's Yale acceptance day but honestly I don't care if I somehow managed to get accepted, even though I skipped the interview then I'd simply reject it, not that I have any chance of being accepted.

I'm in the bathroom trying to avoid Nate when my phone beeps and I check it thinking it's going to be him but instead it's Yale saying I got wait listed. I don't really care anyways I only applied because Serena did.

When I leave the bathroom I run straight into Nate.

"Hey, I've been looking for you," he says.

"I know," I answer, walking outside and he follows.

"So you've been avoiding me?" He asks.

"Define avoiding?" I reply.

"Funny," he replies and I laugh until I notice Vanessa hanging around.

"I've go to go," I say before rushing off. Ugh why do they have to parade their happy relationship in my face.

***

That night my mother drags me to the Opera, which I hate. The only reason I came is because literally everyone is here, so I'd have nothing else to do.

I notice Vanessa and Nate and I feel like crying but I hold myself together. I find Chuck and decide to sit with him tonight because everyone else is here with dates.

I'm at the bar with Chuck when my mother approaches.

"The answer is so simple. How could I have forgotten it?" She says.

"Any chance you could forget me?" He replies and I chuckle.

"Just meet me here in fifteen minutes and if you don't like what I suggest, I won't bother you again," she tells him and I look at them both confused.

"What was that about," I ask.

"Beats me," he replies and goes back to ordering us some drinks.

"Why am I here again," I ask.

"Familial obligation," he replies.

"Remind me to never grow up," I tell him and he laughs.

We sip out champagne while we wait for my mother to come back. When she finally does he's accompanied by a man.

"Who's this?" Chuck asks.

"Bruce Callan. I'm your father's family lawyer," he responds shaking Chucks hand.

"Before he died, your father was going to legally adopt Kim, Serena and Eric," he adds.

"Adopt us," I repeat a little confused and sad but I don't think anyone heard me. I feel the urge to cry, Bart wanted to be my father even when my own one didn't.

"I was going to adopt you. We were serious about becoming a family. We had the papers drawn and your father signed them. I just didn't get to it in time," my mother says to Chuck.

"Your stepmother asked me to have these faked to the box office," Bruce says showing us the paperwork. I'm doing my best to hold myself together, I really want to cry.

"So if you adopt me...?" Chuck asks.

"Then I'm your guardian," my mother responds.

"And we are legally siblings, yuck," I add keeping all emotion from my voice and Chuck laughs.

"Just to be clear, this doesn't make us family, just even," Chuck says to my mother before signing the papers.

"I think I might be sick," I reply sarcastically.

"What's the difference from when we were step-siblings," Chuck asks and I laugh.

I notice Nate walking to the bathroom and I excuse myself for a moment.

"Hey, Nate. Wait up," I call after him.

"Kim?" He asks.

"I just wanted to apologise for... well avoiding you. I've been a shitty friend," I tell him.

"No it's me who should be apologising," he replies.

"Even?" I ask him and he nods.

"Even," he replies and we hug before I leave to go find my seat.

I've been seated for about five minutes and already bored when I notice Nate and Vanessa making out in the Archibald box. It hurts I'll admit but I'm dealing with it.

During intermission I find Dan looking for my mother and I decide to help him.

"Have you see my mom?" I ask Chuck.

"She said she was going to the powder room," he tells me, before we notice a long line outside the bathroom door.

The doors locked and nobody knows why. So Chuck goes to find security to open it. And what we find inside makes me sick. Jack is all over my mother who's screaming.

Chuck runs at Jack and knocks him down and begins to punch him before security intervenes.

I go to my mother and wrap her in a big hug, before Rufus comes to take care of her.

I go home that night thinking over everything and I realise it's time for me to let all my feelings about Nate and Vanessa go and move on. Any romantic relationship between me and Nate is gone, now I hope we can finally be just best friends again.

The thing about new beginnings is that they require something else to end. Some endings take a long time to reveal themselves... but when they do, they're almost too easy to ignore. Some beginnings start so quietly you don't even notice they're happening. But most endings come when you least expect them... and what they portend is darker than you ever imagined. Not all beginnings are cause for celebration. A lot of bad things begin. Fights. Flu season. And the worst thing of all— Wanna be starting something. XOXO, Gossip Girl.