Gone With The Will

When most people lose a parent they inherit sorrow, loss and a closet full of outdated clothes. But on the Upper East Side, death's sad chapter comes with a silver lining. Or a gold one, if your relatives invested wisely in precious metals.

Nate's pov
It was the early hours of the morning when I woke up to my phone ringing, I was going to ignore it but when I saw Kim's name on the screen I jumped to answer it. I was shocked that she was even calling me, her text from earlier surprised the hell out me so this was something else.

As soon as I answered the phone I knew something was up, I could hear heavy breathing then an ever so silent plea for help. I was up out of bed and grabbed some shoes in a matter of seconds.

The line went dead before I could get her address so I sent a request to Gossip Girl for her location and prayed I'd get my information in time.

When I got my shoes on and was heading out the door I got a message back from Gossip Girl with Kim's exact location and I sighed in relief. I grabbed a cab and payed extra for them to hurry.

When the cab arrives I quickly run into the building which is kinda run down on the outside and even worse on the inside.

I run through the building looking for Kim and when I finally find her my heart drops. She looks... dead. I run to her as fast as I can and try to find a pulse, I've nearly given up when I feel a faint one and I sigh in relief. I take out my phone and call an ambulance, while turning her over into the recovery position.

I can't stop thinking about how if she dies she will never know how much I really love her, I will never get to fully apologise and I would never get the chance to make this right.

***

Kim's pov
I don't know how long I stayed in the Ostroff center for but it help like forever and thankfully I got Nate to agree not to tell anyone about what happened and I paid a nurse to let me go.

I didn't want anyone looking into my disappearance so I sent a tip to Gossip Girl that I was partying it up in some random sunny country with a bunch of guys.

The reading of Bart's will was today and I had to be there for Chuck. Turns out I wasn't the only one showing up for Chuck, not just Blair came today but also Nate. He wouldn't stop looking and me and trying to make sure I was okay and it was getting on my nerves, thankfully he had to wait outside while I got to sit in on the reading.

Once we are all seated the lawyer begins.

"Please let me express my deepest condolences. As Mrs Bass is unable to be here today her interests are being represented by her counsel," the lawyer says pointing to a woman I've never seen before.

"Now, Charles, your uncle, Jack Bass, is your closet living relative and as such has been named as your legal guardian. Are you comfortable with this?" he continues.

"I wouldn't trust Jack with a plant never mind human," I cough and Chuck smirks clearly trying to hide his laugh.

"Curfew?" Chuck asks Jack.

"None," he replies.

"Girls sleeping over," I ask because well I am a girl.

"Yes, please," Jack answers.

"I'll allow it," Chuck tells the lawyer.

"Moving on then. With regards to Mr Bass' personal assets, they will be put in a trust which you, Charles will have access to on your eighteenth birthday. With the exception of one million dollars which will be put into a trust for Kimberly van der Woodsen with the same conditions."