Hi, Society

Hey, Upper East Siders, it's that time of year again when the mere act of descending a staircase means you're a woman. That's right, debutante season. And from what we hear, there's been some changes to the lineup.

"Hey, so has Blair mentioned who's escorting her?" Nate asks Chuck.

"Why? Are you having remorse-sick fantasies about your ex?" he replies.

"Key word being ex, sorry mate," I add.

"What? No. And I know she's my ex," responds Nate.

"Don't F with and F'er. I know that look," Chuck says.

"No. It's just every time I see her, something's different, she's lighter, she's happier. She's just less Blair," adds Nate.

"The key factor being you Archibald, she cut you out and now she's happier," I say with a smirk.

"Hate to agree with Kimberly here, but she's right Nathaniel."

"I know, I know," reply's Nate. "I just can't help but think of her."

"You need to get laid," I tell him.

"Is that an offer," laughs Chuck.

"Hardly," I say with an eye roll, "I'm just saying Nate here needs to get under some to get over Blair."

"How is that going to help?" asks Nate.

"Just trust me, it works."

***

I don't even know why I am at Cotillion practice, when I'm not even taking part.

I'm watching everyone dance when Dan walks in with his little sister, Jenny.

I walk over to them at the same time as Serena.

"Oh, you're here" she says, giving Dan a hug.

"Hey," I nod to Dan and Jenny.

"Hey," he nods back and Jenny gave me a little wave.

"I'm so glad. I can't wait for you to meet my grandma CeCe. You're just gonna love her," Serena exclaims.

"I'm sure I will," Dan replies.

I shake my head at him and mouth the word no, and I can see the fear in his eyes.

I can hear my mother enter before I even see her.

"If you don't listen to me, you're gonna hear from her. I promise, you don't want that. The brands I listed are the key to her happiness... and that includes Tanquerary," she talks into her phone, walking over to us.

After she puts her phone away she turns to us, "Dan, Jenny, it's so good to see you."

Dan nods in reply and Jenny says Hi.

"Oh, Hey Jenny, what are you doing here?" I ask her, realizing she's not apart of Cotillion.

"She loves these things, apparently," Dan answers for her.

"Well I wish my daughter's did. It would make my life a whole lot easier," Lily says to Jenny, and I sigh.

"My grandma was the chairwoman for this event for fifteen years. And now the committee's asked my mom to join," I tell them.