Valley Girls

Why do I get high so much? That's the question most people would like the answer to or why do I get high at all? My answer usually being I just do because that's the truth, I just do.

I like the way joints feel between my fingers, I like the euphoric feeling I get from the first pull and most importantly I like the high.

Maybe I like the way it numbs the pain or maybe I like the way it blocks out my everyday life letting me live in my own world.

Recent I've been spending my time at some loft in Brooklyn with some college students I met at a party. I get an unlimited amount of sex, booze and drugs, whatever I'm feeling and it's great.

Of course with Serena being in jail I should be there with her and not here with these people I barely know but I just can't help myself, okay.

Being here is different, I don't have to deal with any upper east side crap. I can just be free.

After a few hours I make my way back to the police station, this time with no drugs on me but if they test me they'd definitely find drugs in my system. Nothing to major really just enough to get by.

"Where have you been?" Blair demands as I walk through the door.

"Calm down, I had drugs on me earlier. I had to stash them," I reply and she sighs.

"Whatever."

I take a seat across from Nate and Chuck and try to relax but all of Blair's pacing is annoying.

"Serena's been in jail for over four hours. She's already served more time than Nicole Richie and Lindsay Logan combined," Blair rambles.

"She's a socialite mistakenly accused of stealing a bracelet. I doubt they're working her over with the phone book," Chuck replies.

"When I called Lily she said she was on her way. Where is she?" Blair asks.

"She does that," I reply. "Lies."

"I just can't believe she had her own daughter arrested. I mean, who does that?" Nate asks.

"Someone who's never been arrested," Chuck replies.

"I can't believe Serena's been arrested before me," I chuckle.

"You've never been arrested?" Blair responds.

"Shocking isn't it," I reply as my mother enters the station.

"Hello. I'm Lilian Bass. I'm here for my daughter Serena van der Woodsen," I hear her say to one of the Officer and she sighs as she notices us.

"Do I look high?" I ask nobody in particular.

"Seriously your high right now?" Blair responds.

"What else did you think I meant by stash?" I laugh. "I guess by your reaction I'm safe."

"Who comes to a police station high?" Nate asks.

"Me... I thought we just established that," I reply.

After what feels like forever Serena decides to spend the night in jail, why I don't know.

***

"You know prom hasn't exactly been going as planned," Nate says on our morning walk. "The florist lost Blair's corsage. Someone bought up all the peonies, and when I called to confirm my limo, it had been rented out by a bachelorette party in Jersey."

"Ooo the heart quickens," Chuck replies.

"Yeah, well, my hotel room was mysteriously cancelled, and now I just found out Blair's dress has been ruined."