Posion Ivy

There's plenty of upside to being the spawn of the fabulously wealthy, but the downside, super successful parents expect nothing less from their offspring and when it comes to college that means the Ivy's. It's more than just getting into college, it's setting a course for the rest of your life and for those few who aren't legacies, the pressures are no less. When parents have sacrificed for their children's future, what kid would want to let them down?

I look at myself in the mirror, quite liking what I see.
White Shirt with long sleeves, matching my rather short navy skirt and tie. Navy knee high socks and a pair off white heels with a cute little bow at the front. I put the finishing touches to my makeup.

***

This week is ivy week at school, so here we are at a boring assembly listening to little Jenny Humphrey and a bunch of other little girls singing.

When the girls walk off stage two teachers start giving a speak about how this week is important for getting into an Ivy League school but honestly I couldn't care less.

I see Chuck and Nate speaking off so I decide to follow them.

***

Flashback
Earlier today, I was sat at breakfast with my mother Lily, we were waiting for Serena but after ten minutes gave up and decided to give in and eat.

"So... college?" Lily asks. "Where are you with that?"

"Honestly?" I ask and she nods.

"I don't know, Nate has Dartmouth, Blair has Yale and Serena has Brown. Just the thought of college makes me want to hurl." I tell her.

"You have good grades and you know your father went to Harvard and Columbia, I went to Brown and you had that writing course at Yale a few years back," he says.

"I know mom, I know. Yale definitely isn't for me though." I sigh eating my breakfast.

"Try and at least impress some kind of rep," she tells me. I nod before grabbing a croissant to go.

***

Present time
I find Nate and Chuck sharing a joint in the courtyard.

"I think that's the most boring assembly I've ever attended," I tell them before taking a flask out of my bag and drinking some of it.

"Bit early," Nate nods at my flask.

"It's never to early Nathaniel ," responds Chuck swapping the joint for my flask.

"You two are so much alike, it's kinda scary sometimes," replies Nate.

"This week sucks. I don't even want to think about college," I tell them, taking a drag of the joint.

"College isn't for me," replied Chuck swapping the flask back for the joint.

"Yeah, I don't even want to go to Dartmouth," adds Nate looking a bit glum.

"Like I said this week sucks," I groan, drinking the rest of my flask.

***

Later that day I find myself in the Ostroff centre with the whole family.

"I've been in these sessions everyday for the last week but nothing is going to change unless she stops hiding him here and lets him have his life back," Serena decided to speak up clearly annoyed.