Remains Of The J

Morning are simply more fun on the Upper East Side. Our favourite thing to wake up to: the sun in the sky... the Nikkei on the rise, and a wake-up call from your latest lover... or your best friend.

I wake up late and hung over and groan when I open my eyes, realising where I am. Shit, why do I keep getting myself into these situations. I find myself in a hotel room with a very naked and sleeping Tripp Vanderbilt.

Looking around me I quickly grab my clothes, get dressed and sneak out as fast as humanly possible. I have to stop sleeping with him, not only is he engaged but he's Nate's cousin.

When I arrive at home I walk into a breakfast with the Humphrey's.

"Where have you been?" My mother asks me.

"With Chuck," I reply quickly hoping she buys it.

"Get dressed and join us," she responds and I run to my room.

I take a quick shower to sober up and get dressed for school.

"Well, if you turned on a burner, Lil, it's a big deal," I hear Rufus say as I join them once again this time looking presentable.

"Ain't that the truth," I laugh.

"You are really committed to making this family work. I'm proud of you," Eric says, as Chuck enters the kitchen and I mentally cuss, I've definitely been caught out here.

"With Chuck huh?" Dan whispers to me.

"Maybe he just came home earlier than," I whisper back.

"Charles are you staying for breakfast?" My mother asks him, thankfully not bringing up my lie.

"I have an appointment," Chuck says back and I quickly pull out my phone to text him about my lie and he nods at me after reading it.

"What does Chuck Bass do at eight am? It's not like you work out," Dan asks.

"Girls," I reply with a laugh and my mom gives me the side eye.

"I do my cardio in the evenings. Morning is for business, for which I am late," Chuck responds.

"Incase you were wondering by cardio he means sex," I say to Dan and he laughs.

"Yeah, I got that," he replies.

"Does this feel like a sitcom to anyone else?" I ask.

"It feels like a reality show," Dan answers.

"Good, so I can vote you off," Chuck says to Dan before leaving.

"I just thought of something," I say to Dan as I stack my plate full of pancakes.

"If your parents got married then technically you and Chuck would be like brothers," I say and Dan's reaction is priceless. He looks like you just told him his dog died and it's hilarious.

"Please, god no," he responds shuddering and I laugh.

"Wait. You guys didn't start without me, did you?" Serena squeals running into the kitchen with bags of food.

"You didn't tell her yet?" Serena says to my mom and I'm confused.

"No," my mom replies.

"Tell me what?" Jenny asks and I feel like I might be able to overcome my hatred with her now.

"Well, we wanted to tell you in person. All of you," mom says and I'm not the only one confused.

"We are planning a sweet sixteen party for you, here, tomorrow night," Serena announces and I groan. Please no, I've had enough of sweet sixteens.