The Magnificent Archibalds

For the rest of the country Thanksgiving is when families come together to give thanks. But in the Upper East Side, the holiday thankfully returns to its roots: lying, manipulation and betrayal. And from what we hear, just like the Indians... someone else is being pushed out of their home.

"Have you seen Jenny?" Dan asks coming up to me at lunch.

"I'm pretty sure she was at my apartment the other day," I say in return.

"If you see her could you please tell her to call my dad or even me," he asks, looking completely lost and miserable.

"For you? Anything," I add with a smile and he thanks me before going in search of Eric.

That's weird Eric didn't tell me there was anything going on, I'll have to question him when I get home.

I didn't have much time to think about it since Nate started back at school today and I get to spend all day with him.

"Hey," I say hugging Nate.

"Hey," he says back with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"I know we decided to keep our relationship on the down low but I just want to kiss you so bad right now," I tell him honestly.

"Me too," he smirks.

"My place after school?" I ask and he smiles.

"Definitely," he answers and the bell rings.

"Okay, okay. I'll see you after class," I add, reluctantly making myself walk away from him.

The rest of the school day was boring so I texted Nate and we decided to leave early.

We were participating in a heavy make out session when I hear my mom downstairs and I fall out of the bed.

"Shit," I cuss, "They're home early."

I quickly fix my clothes and hair to make myself look some what presentable so nobody knows what we were just doing.

"Put this on," I say with a sigh, throwing Nate's shirt at him.

"Are you sure? Because you seem to have some drool," he adds wiping some actually drool from my lip, oops.

"I didn't see you caring less than two minutes ago," I reply.

"Oh I don't," he answers back and I'm probably drooling again.

"And you've got to go get back to your mother," I add pushing him out of the room. I sneak him downstairs and down the lift successfully without anyone seeing him which I'm great full for, I don't want anyone asking questions.

***

I had gotten bored so I decided to hang out with Chuck while some woman gives him a shave. Honestly it's kind of weird to watch but I don't have much else to do.

"You're home," Eric sayings coming into Chucks room. I'm pretty sure Eric sees Chuck as the brother he never had which is cute as long as Chuck doesn't corrupt my brother.

"His plans for the evening got held up at customs," I laugh, while he dries his face as the woman finished.

"Bart just insinuated that Jonathan might be dating someone else. How and why would he know that?" Eric asks.

"He has a PI on retainer, like I do," Chuck responds and honestly I'm not surprised.

"I bet that for business but for family and friends of family.. it's just creepy," Eric responds.

"Family is business," I respond. To people like Bart family is business, if we mess up and it gets out there it could harm his company so I get why he has the PI even if I do like my secrets.