The Wild Brunch

Is there really anything better than a lazy sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah, right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy: Breakfast is brunch and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies.

Hearing a buzzing sound from my dresser, I reluctantly wake up to answer my phone.

"What the hell do you want?" I say, not happy to have been woken up and highly hungover. After the drama of the party last night, I left and ended up at some random club.

"Did you even check the caller ID," Serena asks.

"Clearly not, you know I don't like being woken up," I respond as nicely as possible for me.

"I'm heading to Blair's and just wanted to make sure you remember today is Bart's brunch."

"Shit," I reply getting out of bed and finding some random guy beside me.

"Considering your up now I'm gonna hang up but get ready."

Sighing I walk into the bathroom and slash my face with water, as I begin making myself look presentable.

After brushing my teeth I walk into my room to find the guy from last night awake and dressed.

"Um... I've to head out soon, so you should probably leave," I say to him trying not to sound to awkward.

"Okay," he replies giving me a kiss and walking out the door.

"Ugh, how can't I even remember anything after the kiss on the lips party," I say to myself.

After about an hour of getting ready, I finally look presentable and not like I was partying all night.

I snap a pic and send it to Serena and she reply's with a thumbs up so I guess I did okay.

***

Later that day I'm with Chuck walking towards Nate, who's just outside the Empire with that boy from the train.

"Nathaniel! There you are. What are you doing?" Chuck asks him.

"Nothing... just waiting for you," Nate replies sounding rather suspicious.

Chuck notices the brown haired boy with Nate and takes off his glasses clearly annoyed.

"Him," he says, "what are you doing here?" he asks walking towards him angrily.

"Why? What is this... your hotel?" the boys asks.

"Actually it is," I laugh.

"Yes and unless you have a reason to be here I have to ask you to wait on the curb with the rest of the trash," Chuck adds still angry. Damn what did I miss between these two?

"Trash? Look man, I live in Brooklyn, alright, not the Ozarks... no offense to the Ozarks. But don't you think we're taking this class warfare thing way too far?" the boy replies before Chuck comes forward and pushes but luckily Nates holding him back.

"Okay, I totally missed something. Who is this?" I ask nobody in particular.

"Dan Humphrey," the boy answers shaking my hand.

"Humphrey? Where have I heard that before...," I say confused then it clicks, "Oh your Jenny's brother."

"You know my sister?" He asks.