School Lies

A/N: I skipped Roman Holiday because it makes sense for Kim to have spent it with Chuck and Nate.

***

On the Upper East Side it's easy to think that the world is exactly as it appears. Refined, elegant, imposing. But sometimes, all it takes is a little key to open the door to the wild side.

I got a text from Chuck telling me to come to the school for a pool party and who am I to turn up a party.

When I get there I see Blair and Nate making out in the pool. Typical, how very typical.

Chuck is in the lifeguard stand, drink in hand talking to a girl.

I spend the next while getting drunk and doing drugs with people I don't even know but vaguely remember from my classes.

Somebody is going around taking a bunch of pictures and even managing to get one off me in a deep make out session with Chuck Bass.

I'm totally out of it when I see a guy fall into the pool. Before I can even register what is going on Nate's jumping into the pool to save the guy.

I hear people all around me screaming and catch a bunch of the party goers running away.

"All right, someone call an ambulance. Call an ambulance," I hear Dan calling out.

I'm so out of it I can't really comprehend what's going on as I watch Nate give the guy mouth to mouth, listening to the sirens wail in the background.

***

The next morning I'm probably the most hungover I've ever been and stuck in a school assembly.

Mr Prescott stands up and starts to talk, "Thanks to the cell phone somebody left behind we've got plenty of evidence of who was at the party."

On-screen, I see a bunch of photos from last night including one of me and Chuck.

Taking a breath Mr Prescott starts speaking again, "Lucky for you, Andrew Collins is going to be fine. Unlucky for you, we need to hold someone responsible."

"Ms Queller?" he says, looking to a woman on his left.

The woman, Ms Queller walks to the center of the room before speaking.

"Hello. I'm Ms Queller, the new headmistress of Constance. It's unfortunate that we meet under these circumstances. But I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you," she says, walking down the aisle of students.

"I've already talked to your parents at least those I could reach... and look forward to reading your personal essays. Ten thousand words describing how you came to be on school property after hours using alcohol and drugs where a fellow student almost died. In other words, what the hell is wrong with you?" She says, shaking her head at us.

I groan, there is no way I am sitting down and writing a ten thousand essay.

"I'll also be conducting one-on-one interviews. Until I discover who broke into the pool and initiated the party... that person will be expelled. If that person is not identified then you all face expulsion," she adds.

I really couldn't care, she can expel me if she likes. She dismisses us and we all make our way outside.

"So we all know who this works," Blair says, once we get outside the school.

"If no one talks, no one gets into trouble," I reply.

"Who did break in anyway?" Nate asks.

"I guess, we don't have to worry about Nate cracking under pressure, " chuckles Chuck.