Confessions [Edited]

30/01/18

Hoping to edit as much as possible. ♡

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Havoc~

"Forgive me..."

The words were said softly yet I felt it like a hard punch to my gut. I watched the sleeping angel in my arms. Her breathing was shallow and there were dark circles around her eyes. Her skin was sickeningly pale and her body was ice cold.

 My heart pounded in my chest as I removed my shirt to drape it around her. She felt so fragile in my arms, like she could fall apart at the slightest movement.

She though she failed us? Failed me? And how did she think to that? By being too courageous, too beautiful, too darn protective? She was the best among all of us. Even with her bad arm and battered body, she still managed to pull though. Her will was stronger than us all. I didn't care if I didn't know her real face. I didn't care if she was some gangster or some fugitive. Becuase my soul knew hers. She was my heart's  fire.

A small whimper as she shifted slightly in my arms amd I clamped down the need to crush her to my chest, to hold her tight and protect her from any more pain.

"You know, this is the first time I've seen Angel cry so much."

I turned to face Lucas who was propped up against the wall, looking at me intently. His green eyes shone in the darkness.

Lucas was a man that I could trust. He understood the depth of the connection between me and my Angel, he knew how hard this trail was for both of us. 

Yet, it was necessary, we could not have avoided this, no matter how hard we tried. I brushed my Angel's hair gently, the silky strands sliding off my fingers. 

"Really?" I asked, my voice coming out in a croak.

I saw him nod, his eyes moving over Angel.

"Even when her step mother beats her around, or if she's heavily injured, she never cries. She didn't even cry when her father died," he said softly. "She's suffered so much... I don't know how someone can take so much and yet come out so strong."

I looked down at my Angel. I had noticed the cuts on her hands and the long thing marks on her legs before. The day that I first ran my hand through her silky hair, the day that I helped straighten it out, I thought I saw a scar on her head as well. It puzzled me how a deadly fighter like her could get such serious injuries but know I knew.

"These cuts and whip marks are all from her step mother?" I asked, tracing out a particularly long whip mark on her leg. I felt her shiver and instantly hugged her closer to me.

"Yeah... when we were younger, Angel always came to the Ring to 'escape from home'. That's what she told me. Sometimes, she would come with open wounds. We had to stitch some on the wounds back together."

I felt my blood-lust rise as I heard my Angel being mistreated. The darkness within me shoved against my control, wild with rage. When the time came, I would carve out that witch's heart one small bit at a time. I would hack into her meat and watch the blood drain the life out of her. 

But of course, if I could beat my Angel to it. 

"Never once did she complain or shed a tear," Lucas said, his voice faint. "She just smiled and continued to train despite her wounds."

"You guys were close before this?"

Lucas nodded, leaning against the wall with a distant look in his eyes, like he was lost in his memories.