Pain [Edited]

I watched as Dani's face changed from one that was hurt to one that was full of pity as I explained my story to her. I turned my face away.

 I didn't want her pity. I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I swore under my breath and swiped the overly huge spectacles off my face, leaving it clattering to the floor.

I looked down to see my hands shaking. My head was pounding in my skull making me more furious than ever. I let the pain consume me. I was furious that so much had been taken away from me, yet I could not muster the will to hold on to the rage for so much had also been given to me.

I leaned against the sink, my head down as I took in deep, shuddering breaths to calm myself down. I was just so tried. That's all. I wanted to rest, stop the monsters that preyed on me for a moment so I could just rest. I gripped the sink as my head pounded.

"Elle."

I tensed up, my muscles coiled as a pair of hands clasped around my arm. I felt myself tremble as Dani leaned her head against my shoulder.

"Elle,I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you when you needed me," she whispered.

I shook my head and dragged myself away from her. I forced a tight smile on my face. I felt the warmth seep away from my body, leaving me cold inside.

"No,it's not you Dani, it's me. I just...need some time alone that's all," I said softly, my hands fists at my sides. "I'm going now."

I couldn't take any more of her pity. My demon was already clawing at me, demanding release and in my current state, I could really hurt her. I didn't want that. No matter what, Dani was my friend and I loved her. I could never hurt her.

Trembling,I took my apron off, folded it neatly and placed it on one side. I glanced back at Dani and saw her looking at me with concern in her eyes. Whipping my head away, I closed my eyes and breathed in deep.Snatching my bag from the kitchen table and I rushed out of the diner through the back door, ignoring Sister Suzanne who had called out tome.

I ran. I ran with all my might towards the Ring. My heart was thumping in my chest, the demons roaring in my ears. I felt the tears streaming down my cheek. I was cracking under the emotional stress and fatigue. 

Gritting my teeth, I swiped away the tears from my face angrily. That I could not allow. I would not allow the monsters to win. They could not cause me any more pain than they already had.

"Elizabeth! Wait!"

I didn't turn to face that voice. I didn't stop or even slow down.All I wanted to do was get away from the painful memories that threatened to break free. The painful sensations that came along with the memories of torture. I just wanted release.

It was late afternoon, too early to be going to the Ring but I didn't care. Only the need and drive for violence had me pushing forward through the pain in my head and pumping my legs to go faster.

"Elizabeth, stop!"

I felt arms circle me, lifting me clear of the ground. The sudden attack to my sensitive nerves triggered the demon within me. It pushed my battered soul back and took over my body.

I shrieked and trashed around to get free. My captor only held me tighter, trapping my arms against my sides. The demon growled angrily and had me slamming my head back to smash the captor's nose. I heard him grunt in pain, releasing me from his hold.

I landed on the balls of my feet, whirling around, my legs swinging with the momentum to bring my captor to the ground. My hair fell loose around me and I heard the demon inside me howl with victory. I felt my vision sharpen as I took in the guy sprawled on the ground. I hissed and pounced on top of him, grabbing him by the hair to pin his head to the ground.