Epilogue [Edited]

Epilogue

2 years later...

My heart was pounding loudly in my chest and my palms were slick with sweat. The only thing that I could focus on was the flushed face of the person in front of me.

 I could barely recognized her. She wore a beautiful silver gown with emerald sequins sewn into the silk skirt. The bodice was a simple silver colour that emphasised her curves. Its elegant cut highlighted her delicate structure. Yet there was an air of royalty about her. Her chocolate brown hair was done up into an intricate hair-do with a few stray lock cascading down her neck and the sides of her face. A veil, held by a small tiara, covered her face. Her eyes were wide and even though her gloved fingers twined nervously together, her cherry lips were turned up into the smallest of smiles.

"Elle? It's time."

I turned around slowly to face my best-friend and watched as she gasped, a hand going to her throat. Tears welled up in her eyes as she ran to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"Don't cry Dani or you'll me me cry too. My make-up is going to get ruined," I teased,my voice choked with tears.

I laughed as Dani shook her head and buried her face against my neck. Finally, the day had come. The day that we made it clear to the world that we were each others. It was a day filled of promises of the future. It was the day that I would be tied to my soul mate, both body and soul, for all of eternity.

It was our wedding day.

"Where's our Angel?"

I lifted my head just as Gary entered the room with Samantha. His smile widened as he saw me and quickly rushed over to envelop me, and Dani, in a giant hug. 

Both he and Samantha had not let me out of their sights ever since I returned to the Ring. They had spoiled me to no end, saying that they needed time with me, to make sure that I was real. The knowledge that they loved me as much as they did despite who and what I was brought tears to my eyes. They were like my parents and I owed them so much.

Which was why, Gary was walking me down the aisle. Tyler and Lucas were best men, and Dani was best maid. Jason said he wouldn't have wanted it any other way and I loved him all the more for it. He understood that I needed the people closest to my heart on this special day. I wanted nothing more to share my happiness.

My heart started pounding again as I stepped behind the twin doors. Gary glanced at me from the side of his eyes and gave my hand a small reassuring squeeze. I took a breath. There was no need to be nervous. I was going to walk out there and claim my man. He was mine and it was time the world knew it. But as soon as I stepped onto the red carpet, the music changed and so did my breathing. My nerved started to take hold of me and my knees trembled. What if I fell half way, what if something bad happened, what if...

Angel

I lifted my head at the sound of his voice in my head and my breath caught in my throat.

There he stood, in his white suit and black shoes, neck free from ties and bows. His white dress shirt hung slightly open, allowing me a delicious view of his collar bone. His hair was swept to the side,gelled such that it sparkled under the lights.

 His blue eyes darkened and held me captive. The heat in them held me in a trance, the smothering look heating up my cold body. I didn't even notice I had reach the altar until he took hold of my hand. Electricity arched between us at the contact and I watched enthralled as his eyes took on and even more fierce and passionate look. So much so that I blushed under his intense gaze.