Heatwave Part 2 [Edited]

Here's the continuation.  :) 

~Havoc~

I walked to the kitchen, towel drying my hair as I did so. That Doctor Steel guy seemed to have developed an interest to study me and I didn't like it one bit. I sighed heavily and trudged down the hall way. Give me a break...Escaping a group of girls was one thing but a researcher? He probably wanted to give me a MRI scan and hook me up to some machines. I shuddered at the thought... No way was I allowing that to happen...

Suddenly I felt a surge of fear coming from behind me. The wave was so strong, I froze for a moment and quickly scanned my surroundings. There was nothing amiss... other than a sudden black aura that appeared behind me. I turned around but the aura was gone.

"Jason!"

My heart froze at the voice that shouted my name. It was laced with enough panic and anguish to send me bolting towards the voice. 

When I reached her room, I threw open the door so hard, it banged into the wall beside it . The frame shook with the force of the impact. So much so, I saw cracks on the edge of the frame. I looked into the room and saw Doctor Steel on the phone. He looked at me wide eyed with a mixture of relief and fear. I turned my attention from him to the figure on the floor.

"Elizabeth!"

She was lying on the floor, curled on her side. Her hair strewn around her like a dishevelled cape. And she was trembling. At the sound of her name,her head swung up and my heart constricted at the sight of her red puffy eyes.

"Oh god, baby," I groaned and took her into my arms.

I gingerly lifted her off the ground, worried that any sudden movement would jar any other unseen injuries. I couldn't stand seeing her like this. She looked like a caged animal. In pain and afraid. I leaned down and kissed away her tears. My hold around her tightened as I tasted her salty tears.

"Let us get out of this stuffy room, my love."

I watched as she slowly lifted her hand and brushed my jaw. Her fingers were icy cold to the touch and I stared at her, worried.

"I love you," she whispered even as tears continued to fall from her beautiful eyes. "I love you."

"As I love you," I replied softly, putting my heart and soul into those four words, trying to calm her down.

I placed my forehead to hers and breathed in her intoxicating scent, trying to figure out what had cause her to go into such a panicked state. Her soft sobs tore at my heart. Gently, I placed a light kiss to her upturned lips before turning around to find my parents looking into the room, their face a mask of worry. I gave them a small smile before turning my attention to the doctor who looked at us with an unreadable expression.

"Doctor, ask Mitchell to prepare breakfast for us at the garden," I said, my voice hard and full of authority. "Tell him to prepare a pot of tea with honey and lemon."

"Right away, Your Grace."

I gave him a sardonic look at the small smirk he wore on his face as he called me "Your Grace". He gave a slight bow to me before walking out of the room quickly. I turned back to face my parents.

"Why don't we all have breakfast in the garden?" I said as calmly as I could and walked out of the room, leaving my parents to follow me.

A maid was waiting outside the room and she handed me a blanket almost mechanically. I smiled gratefully at her before draping the blanket over my Angel who was unusually quiet. The maid looked at Angel worriedly. I sighed internally. I too was worried about my Angel.