A Fight to Remember (edited)

This is the updated chapter. :) i really hope you guys enjoy reading. Please like, comment and share. I would really appreciate it haha thank you :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I studied the man before me. He had flowing blond hair and his eyes were piercing blue. He was lean, with perfectly toned muscles that were outlined by his thin black shirt which was covered by a black leather jacket. His face was hidden behind a green mask with golden lines streaking across it, a mask that covered the whole of his face but his eyes.

I frowned behind the safety of my mask.

He looked oddly familiar but I couldn't make out the face behind the mask. I tried to take in his scent, the musk a familiar one yet I could not make out who he was exactly. I could tell from the way his eyes were scanning me, that he too was trying to make out who I was.After all, not many fighters that came to the Ring wore masks.

The design on my mask was made specifically to reflect my soul. White with purple vine like lines that curved from the top left hand corner of the mask to the bottom corner. White to show innocence that was tainted by purple to show menace, hatred and the darkness that coiled within me, waiting to break free.

"Angel,"Gary said, snapping me out form my daze. "Your knuckles are bleeding."

I looked at him confused for a moment before feeling a stinging pain from my hand. Slightly shocked by the sudden feeling of pain, I looked down at my hand and found that my knuckles were indeed bleeding. I just shot him a wary look and shook my hand a little.

"Oh,it's just a scratch," I said dismissively, waving away his concern.

At my reply, the man's eyes twinkled behind his mask and I could picture him smirking. He was leaning lazily against the frame of the door,his arms crossed over his chest. His gaze locked with mine and I felt a strange sensation course through me. I shivered and sent him a glare, telling him without words that he'd better not be staying around too long. The man made me feel strangely uncomfortable, when I rarely felt any reaction towards a man.

Gary cleared his throat clearly sensing the rising tension in the room.

"Angel,this is the guy you'll be fighting against this Saturday."

I looked at him again and just shrugged casually. It wasn't a big deal.Whoever it was, I would smash him down and claim my victory. The man,I noticed, was seemingly upset at my reaction. I watched as his eyes narrowed. He looked at me up and down, his eyes blazing a challenge while he sized me up. And if I knew better, the tension in the room shot up a notch.

My nerves sizzled at the challenge and I glared at him, unhappy that he would behave in such a brash manner when he clearly was a new comer.The darkness within me swirled, rising to meet his challenge. I clenched my hand, the blood making it slick and sticky. It was a tactile reminder that I could not afford to show any weakness to anyone. We continued to stare each other down, neither of us willing to back down, his blue eyes against mine, until Gary gave and exasperated sigh and jerked his thumb towards the ring.

"Settle it there will you?"he ordered, alternating glares between me and the new comer, before storming out of the room with the bunch of kids trailing behind him.

I sighed, upset that I had reacted in such a child like manner towards his obvious provocation and turned around to prepare for the upcoming fight.

....

And that was how I ended up in the ring with Havoc. There weren't many people like there was on Saturday but I didn't mind. I didn't fight for the crowd but I had to contribute to the Ring if I wanted to continue coming without having a guilty conscience. The man had taken to wear a singlet and even I had to admit that he was a beautiful specimen of the male species.