The day just couldn't get any better [Edited]

New Updated chapter. Please enjoy :)

****************************************

I gasped and pulled away from him. My hands were shaking slightly and my skin had goose bumps all over it. His touch was familiar. I held my hands to myself in a protective gesture. My hands curled into two tight fist and my feet shifted beneath me into a more defensive position.

"No one knows what to do when I'm like this besides Jason," he said stepping closer to me. "And a certain someone."

I stiffened as the words he said sank in. No. He could not be him.

"Marcus,"Jason said, stepping closer to the counter, pushing Tiffany who was trying to cling to him aside as he did so. "What are you talking about?"

Marcus paid him no heed, his gaze still locked on mine. His eyes were roaming my face, trying to see through my mild disguise. His eyes that was green like a cat's, filled with an intelligence I hadn't seen before. His eyes glowed sending a shiver down my spine.

"Not after all these years," I whispered, stepping away from him, my body trembling. "No. I cannot believe this."

How could I believe it? Good people rarely stayed in my life. No one had ever came back for me. How could I believe him to be who I thought he was?

His face soften as he stepped towards me. The glow in his eyes intensified and I took another step back. I remembered that glow.That fiery intensity. I knew him. But why now? After all these years. Why had he hidden himself from me if he was so close to me?

"So you do remember," he said, smiling slightly, his rigid demeanour relaxing.

"Marcus.What are you talking about?" Jason asked, his voice edged with frustration. I was too busy looking at Marcus with a mixture of shock and happiness too look closely into his actions.

He came back to me. Like he promised. He came back to me.

"I knew it was you when I saw Withering Heights," he said softly reaching out to cup my cheek, looking deep into my eyes. "I have not seen that book in seven years."

I felt tears pooling around my eyes. I remembered his touch. I remember now. The reason why I never pulled out withering heights was because it reminded me too much of the painful memories. Of him...

"You've changed so much," I whispered for his ears only, my fingers curling around his muscular arm. "Panthera.

He smiled at the nickname I came up for him. I can't believe it.Lucas, not Marcus was his name. He was my partner, my brother in the Fighting Ring. He was skinny then; a nerd just like me but when he went into the ring, he fought with such ferociousness akin to that of a jungle cat. His full name Lucas Martinez Summers. He said he hated it but I but I always assured him he had a beautiful name.

He was as cunning and as lethal as a panthera—leopard.His movements fast and accurate in the ring. He always sat with me after we were done training and I would read to him a chapter of Withering Heights. He claimed it to be one of his favourites and would always ask me to read it over and over again.

I loved him as a brother. He was always there when the monsters drove me to the edge. He was always there in the night, to hold me and listen to my problems. He knew me and I knew him. He was an orphan who had an adopted family. I've never seen them though.

But then one day, Lucas just didn't come back to the ring. He simply disappeared. I asked Gary where he went but Gary just smiled and shook his head at me. I remembered Gary handing me a letter and a beautiful silver bracelet with my name on it. The letter was from Lucas telling me he had to move away with his family and was sorry he didn't tell me sooner. I was sad and angry at him but what could I do? What could we do? We were just kids.