the Battle [part 2][Edited]

Let the drama, BEGIN!

****

I took a deep breath, chanting the ancient words imprinted on me before birth to release my demon from its confines. It crawled out, drawn by the sent of blood, eager to devour its prey. It wrapped around my soul and stretched under my skin so that its strength was my own.

I felt my nails grow longer and my body becoming lighter. My muscles tightened and strengthened as everything around me became defined. I rotated my head, testing my new limbs. 

A shriek and my eyes homed on to Fiona who was making a mad dash towards the exit. I let out a loud growl and pushed off. I felt like I was flying, the strength of the demon immense. I flew across the room in that one jump. It was exhilarating, the feeling of being able to just let go.

I watched as Fiona turned towards me, her mouth opened to scream but before she could I was already on her. I pinned her down by her neck, my talons digging into the skin of her neck. She trashed against me but I was too strong. I pushed on her neck, applying a bit more pressure. I could sense the beast closing on me.

I gave Fiona a smirk and watched as her eyes pleaded with me. 

"You will die here today," I hissed. "And I will destroy evreything you've built."

She was gasping like a fish out of water.

"I am...your...mo..ther."

"You are a spawn of Satan,"I spat, offeneded at her rediculous claim. "My real mother is in heaven watching over me."

Angry, I crushed her windpipe beneath my hand. I then grabbed the book from her dead arms and turned around just in time to dodge the attack of the beast. I rolled over as the beast's tail slammed down on Fiona, crushing her lifeless body.

I turned my head up, heart in my throat to find the beast's head was above mine. Its lips were pulled back into a snarl, revealing the razor sharp teeth that gleamed beneath the light of the cave. It roared, its mouth descending down to me.

I pushed off to dodge the attack and ran for my life. The beast charged after me crushing anyone and anything in its path. As expected, I saw that Lucas was already helping Havoc and his sister to the exit. Relief swept though me. They would be safe. 

I jumped up and turned in mid air, throwing my knife to hit the beast dead in the eye. The beast roared in pain but didn't stop. It continued to charge at me. Desperate, I used the one last arsenal I had.

I hastily sliced the cloth around my wounded arm and cut the wound open with my talons.  Pain seared through me. Biting my lip, I chanted as fast as possible, drawing the power of the elements for aid.  

Et quod sanguis et caro tua, let this blood be your flesh.

Et erit os tuum quo telum, let this bone be your weapon.

Et quia tenebrae luci boleti proceritas, be the darkness that aids the light.

Nunc age, Mortem messor! Come now, Death reaper!

Utilising nearly every drop of my blood, I allowed my demon to materialise in front of me. It took the form of a reaper, cloaked in black, its face a skull with a death scyth that arch above it in a dealy curve.

Trembling, my pusle beating too fast, I staggered back as my demon clashed with the beast, holding it back. My vision was blurred around the edges but I held on to conciousness. Taking the oppotunity, I ran unsteadily to the boys who had reached the passeway to the outside.

 When I reached them, I trust the book into Lucas' arms. He looked at me, eyes wide with sadness and pain. I gave him a small smile, my knees trembling.