Friendship [Edited]

Edited. ♡♡

~*~*~*~*~

When I first transferred schools, I was unaware of the power he held over the students and teachers. He was such a nice and kind-hearted person. He was cool and all the kids respected him. His fellow peers respected him too. He was such a likeable guy back then who smiled easily and joined in when the teasing started.

But I could tell when a guy had raw power and influence. I could tell from Jason's aura when we first met that he was the guy in charge, even before the others in the team introduced me to him – the captain and quarter back of the team. We had a stare down then and I instantly liked the guy. I too had raw power but this guy harnessed his power and wielded it such that others around him just naturally followed what he said.

I still remembered the time that I had first caught a glimpse of his true power.

There was once a guy in the opponent's team who accused one of our guys of stealing. The guy had menace in his eyes as he addressed Brock. I had risen through the ranks to become vice-captain of the school football team and knew I couldn't stand back and do nothing. But Brock being the numbskull he was exploded into a ball of fury and launched a punch at the guy's face. Which wasn't really helping his cause. I knew for a fact that Brock would not risk stealing anything, even a million bucks. He feared the consequences too much. But at that moment, it seemed that fear had over-ridden his sense of logic. I sighed but before I could step in, Jason was there.

His face was a mask of tranquillity but I knew him well enough that he was angry that one of his guys had been falsely accused. He tapped Brock on the shoulder and instantly the large man froze, his eyes slowly moving to look at Jason from the corner of his eye. Jason waved his hand and Brock scurried back to seat on the benches. Jason was about to put in a word when the opponent's coach threw insults at our team.

"Good for nothing players. Can't even own up. Petty theft," he spat on the ground near Jason's feet. "Its no wonder your team can't play football like real man."

Coach Adam was about to say something was Jason suddenly straightened up. A sudden hush fell over the crowd as Jason's picture appeared on the jumbo screen. He look like a man in control. Even the principal who was standing at the bleaches sat down abruptly. I observed the aura pouring off Jason. It was dark and heavy and I knew it was the anger spilling off him in waves.

"False accusations. Insults to my team. I believe you are the one who cannot play football like a real man Coach David," Jason said his voice low. I watched as his eyes raked the coach, sizing him up. An angry blush spread across coach David's face.

"Why you little..."

He could not complete the insult for the entire school had stood up and was shooting death glares at the coach. Perplexed the coach looked around him, confused to why so many people would react so strongly to the boy standing before him. The team behind Jason lined up behind him.

Jason did not look smug nor did he attempt to shove in the coach's face that he was the one in charge. He just frowned down at the coach and the boy who had accused Brock falsely.

"I would request that you apologize to my friend here and allow the game to continue as planned," Jason said softly, politely, gesturing as he did so to Brock who stepped up.

The camera focused on Coach David's face. Everyone expected him to apologise and with the added pressure of his face on the jumbo screen, Coach David murmured an apology and stalked back to his side of the field. That was the day that my respect for Jason grew. He held power yet he never once abused that power for his own personal gain.