Come back to me [Edited]

Hey everyone, I apologize for not updating this story for such a long time. I haven't had enough time to myself but I tried picking up writing again. Hope you enjoy the edited version. 

The chapters to come will give a different feeling to the original one. Hope you all like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Beings with grotesque features and abnormal body features that send shivers up your spine. The unknown, the unseen, the unimaginable. These are the things that come to ones mind when they hear the word: Monster.

Yet I had enough experience to know that the true monsters always lurked behind their masks of civilisation. Their sinister and blackened souls so artfully hidden behind their money and power. They spouted pretty words and teased you into a false sense of security with their welcoming demeanour. Only to leer at you with glee as you fall and hurt your self over and over again.

You could never tell a who the true monsters were. They walk amongst us,their dark souls hidden behind a pseudo wall of light that blinds you to the very fact that they could destroy you, insidiously, slowly like a plague that sucks the life out of you.

I know the monsters. Had almost become one myself in a last ditch attempt to save myself. But some part of me stopped myself from falling into deprivation. How could I allow myself to sink so low to their despicable level? How could I betray the light given to me by my beloved parents? Yet that didn't stop me from developing a sixth sense that allowed to me discern the monsters from others.

I didn't want to associate myself with anymore of their kind, but fate had it so that I was tied to such loathsome creatures. I let out along sigh. The fact that I was already chained to these monsters was enough. I did not want my beloved friend to be shackled in the same chains as me.

"Welcome!"

My whole body stilled when I heard Dani's cheerful voice drift into the kitchen. My alarm bells started shrieking at me, my demon straining against its chains. I took in a deep breath, placed the broom I was holding carefully to the side before turning to drift to the entrance of the kitchen. I pushed aside the veil covering the kitchen door slightly and too a peek out into the main dining room.

I sucked in a breath and stiffened as my eyes landed on the familiar figure striding confidently though the diner door. Somehow, I could not take my eyes off of how he moved, his movement strangely fluid.His brown orbs took in his surroundings and I cringed back into the shadows as his gaze moved to take Dani in.

My heart thundered in my chest, the hairs on the back of my neck standing as a current passed through me. He knew I was there but it didn't show on his face. Somehow, he had sensed me in the shadows and that alone sent chills down my spine.

Every time he came over to the diner, I had served him his usual. Black coffee. No sugar. Sometimes he ordered a piece of croissant with butter. But every time he came over, I had instinctively concealed my presence because there was something about him the fascinated yet unnerved me. I did not want his attention on me.

But at that moment, I was totally aware of his presence. It engulfed me.It was as if the wall between me and him had dissolved. The boundary between us beginning to blur. And it scared me, scared me so much,that I been noticed by him. Jason.

Gripping the material of the veil in my fists, I took a deep breath to centre myself. Now was not the time to loose my cool. I snapped back the reins on my demon, forcing it into submission, when all it wanted to do was claw free, to place itself in front of me, blocking me from the danger it sensed. But I had to handle this myself.