House not Home Part 1 [Edited]

~Havoc~

"How long more until the papers are settled?" I asked my secretary impatiently.

"Another two more days, sir," he replied, a tinge of nervousness coloring his voice.

"Get it done," I clipped out and ended the call.

I clutched my cell phone in my hand and I looked out the window at the passing houses, the rain a soft patter on the glass pane of the cab. I was impatient. I wanted to return to my Angel as fast as possible. It was not an exaggeration to say we could no longer be apart from each other for each second away was a cut to my healing soul.

During the days I had spent with my Angel, the broken pieces of my heart had started to mend bit by bit. Though we stilled carried the scars, our bruised souls had started to heal and melded together so seamlessly that it was impossible to tell one from the other.

But because of the trauma that we had both been through, our sudden reunion was a shock to our systems. The fact that I could touch my Angel, to hear her voice, to see her before my eyes was a reality that I had yet to fully grasped despite spending so much of my time with her.

And I knew that it was even more difficult for my Angel. She had defied fate, slapped death in the face and battled so much pain just so that she could be with me. And that alone told me, that no matter how strong she appeared to be, she was still very much fragile inside.

I clenched my hands into tight fists, my knuckles turning white. My chest was uncomfortably tight, my body restless as I fought back the instinctive need to reach across the void to my Angel.

A surge of love, hot and wild, pulsed down our mental bond and I took in a deep breath to calm myself. Even across the ocean was my Angel able to feel my distress. But together with that pulse, I was able to feel the pain and despair gnawing at my Angel. 

Reaching out along our bond, I tried sending her waves of reassurance but was met will a dull wall. I frowned. My Angel was hurting but she was unconsciously blocking out the pain for me. My heart ached at the thought. My Angel was just so used to keeping her pain to herself.

I clenched my teeth. I needed to be there with her and I knew for a fact that she needed me. We needed each other and we had learned that the hard way. 

That was why we had discussed the matter of me moving in with her. At first she was resistant to the idea, telling me that I had a family to take care of back home. But I told her that I no longer wanted to be separated from her. I knew I was being selfish, but I no longer wanted to experience the pain of the separation any longer. I just could not bare the thought of losing her again.

After many days of trying to persuade her, she had finally agreed. I knew that she too did not wish for a separation but my Angel was too selfless, always placing the welfare of others before her own. Already the pain of our brief separation was beating at the both of us. I did not know if we could bare another long separation.

So I had made the necessary calls so that I could migrate to England and stay with her, trusting my secretary to oversee everything, ensuring that all would proceed as fast as possible.