Getting to know you [part 2][Edited]

03/02/18

Edited. Blurgh

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I turned to face my Angel fully, studying her upturned face. I took in her lovely, soft features, her expressive eyes and killer lips. Damn. Each time I looked at her, her etheral beauty sucked a punch in my gut.

I reached out to run a finger down the line of her nose, absolutely fascinated at how perfectly carved it was.

"You were right next to me?" I repeated absently, flipping through the multitude of faces in my memory.

"A gorgeous woman, right next to me and I was too blind to notice," I muttered self-depreciatingly. "A gorgeous woman.."

Suddenly, a memory, one that was strangely precious, lasped into me. I was at a diner, which was about an hour's ride from where I stayed.

It was the first day of high school and unfortunately, the school was having a plain, old welcoming ceremony that had no interest for me. So I skipped it. Not wanting to bump into anyone, I had taken my bike and driven to the diner.

I had been to the diner once with my family and found it to be quiant. Especially since we were from out of town, no one knew who I was at that time.

I was sitting in a booth, staring out the window, lost in thought when someone came up to me to take my order. I didn't take note of her much, her presence weak. But I remembered thinking that the person who served me had the most wonderful voice. Soft and melodic, it soothed my senses.

My fingers continued to trace the contours of my Angel's face, stopping just to caress her soft lips.

"I remembered the  times when I would go to a particular diner," I mumured and saw my Angel's eyes widen. "I didn't know what drew me to it, just that going there gave me some semblance of peace."

"And do you remember who was at that diner?" she asked softy.

"A woman, whose voice calmed the rage within me, yet her face was always obstructed by spectacles too large for her face," I replied, a crooked smile on my face. "I've always been tempted to pluck those spectacles from your eyes."

A brilliant smile lit up her face as she captured my hand in hers and pressed a tender kiss to the middle of my palm.

"I remembered being drawn to you, but you were always so distant and out of my reach. I could only be contented with our brief interactions at the diner," I continued, savouring the warmth from her soft cheek resting against my palm.

"I think that... I may have been drawn to you too," she said hesitantly. "But at that time, I couldn't help but associated you with danger and darkness."

"Because of the people around me?" 

She nodded. "Until of course Lucas pulled that stunt with my book, that I had the opportunity to see you in a different light."

I sighed. "If only I had known you from the beginning, we could have done so much more together, without having to hide behind our masks."

A gentle smile before linked our hands again and leaned against my arm. She sagged against me, fatigue in every line of her body but the smile it lingered on her lips.

"Angel, we can continue this next time," I said, concerned with how weak she looked but she just shook her head, staring away into the darkness.

"You know Havoc, I think that if we had met in a different way, I would have been too wary of you to open up," she said. "Though I do wish for more time with you."