Why did he do that? [EDITED]

Wew! Finally another update hehe :) 

-crazymeltzar

P.S: pls continue to vote comment and support this story! i really appreciate it! XD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I let out a breath and leaned against the sides of my window in the attic. The sun was rising, spilling its orange hues into last remnants of darkness, chasing them away. Birds took to the sky,singing out their morning song as they circled around each other in greeting.

The cool morning breeze blew gently into my room, blowing my hair around my face in a teasing greeting. I smiled as I took in a breath of fresh air, the calm silence of the morning soothing to me.

Today was Saturday and I was told to work in the diner for the whole day.As it was, I worked every day in the diner except for Mondays and Fridays. I was told that if I wanted pocket money to survive on, I had to work for it because it was not a free world out there.

Fiona hinted that if I wanted to stay under her roof with a warm bed and meal to fill my stomach, I had to repay her "kindness" by doing labour for her. As long as she didn't have to see my face she was contented. And that was why I had to work in the diner. Even though that diner used to belong to my father.

Fortunately,the diner was really popular and many of our customers would visit us, mostly for lunch and dinner. I was kept occupied with the cooking, the ordering and the cleaning and when I went back to the house, I would do my chores and go straight up to my room to do my homework or study. It was this regime that I was under that allowed me to live a relatively peaceful life where I kept contact with Fiona and the twins to a minimum.

But it was also because of this regime that I could not experience what they call "the normal high school life". Never once had I the opportunity to go to the movies, nor had I the opportunity to just hang out freely with my friends without the oppressive weight of Fiona's demands on me. Never had I the opportunity to interact with other much less make new friends. In her own way, Fiona was chaining me down to her.

It  was why I sought refuge in the Fighting Ring. Without me knowing, it had become my place of solace, a place I could run to if I ever needed a form of escape. And after last night, that place had become something even more special. A smile flittered across my face and my face heated as I recalled the oddly sensual experience.

I jerked with a start at the sudden banging on the door to my room. I frowned and padded cautiously towards it. The occupants of this house never woke up early...

Slowly,I lifted the trap door to my room and saw Heather glaring up at me.Her eyes were red and puffy and swollen around the edges. I blinked once to clear my vision, afraid that I was seeing things. I blinked again. No, this was definitely Heather.

"Get me some medication, dweeb!" she shouted in my face, her swollen face red. Snot dribbled out of her nose but she managed to send me a  venomous look before marching back down to her room.

My eyes trailed after her, the all to familiar ice settling over me. The cold fury that I kept pent up swirled around the edges, threatening to break my control. It was such mistreatment that fed the demon within me and day after day, I could feel the ice and darkness growing within me. Taking in a deep breath, I decided to take a quick shower before changing into my house maid clothes to fetch Heather her medication.

As I padded through the empty carpeted hallways, I couldn't help but feel the emptiness of the house. There was no life here, only cold calculated decorations that screamed wealth. The walls were dark maroon and the heavy drapes were closed over the windows, blocking the sunlight out. Luckily the house was not in its usual mess since I had cleaned it up the night before going to bed. I would have hated to wake up to a garbage dump.