Leave [Edited]

They watched as their beloved son walked away from them. Their hearts felt heavy and they knew that every step he took, it was a step further away from them.

They could tell that their son wasn't just in love. He was connected to the girl in his arms on a level beyond that which they could comprehend. Mr and Mrs Lambert knew that. They noticed it the moment they stepped foot at the front of the mansion. No... they noticed it the moment their son mentioned the girl.

His eyes would light up and his lips would turn up in the smallest of smiles. Mrs Lambert had noticed the pendent around her son's neck before but didn't dare to ask him about it. As a mother, she couldn't help her protective instincts from rising up. It was too soon for her child to be taken away from her. And she knew her husband felt the same way.

The reason for his anger stemmed mainly from sadness and disappointment. He wanted Jason to take over the family business, not start a new one. He had groomed Jason since he was a boy, with hopes and dreams that one day he would be able to continue running the family security business.

Mrs Lambert knew that her husband was afraid for their son, and so was she. Her husband has dealt with criminals almost all his life, and to think that their son had almost became one was nightmare on its own.

But the worst nightmare of all was their inability to protect their own child. How could they have let him suffer for so long on his own?

Mrs Lambert sighed. She knew the moment she laid eyes on the dainty girl that she was not ordinary. The girl was one of the most beautiful person she had ever seen. One rarely matched the beauty of Serena Lambert. Her beauty. 

But this girl was not only beautiful, she radiated kindness and passion. And her eyes were similar to that of her son's. It was the eyes of a person who had seen too much. But even then, the love was clear. It shone through like a ray of sunlight through gray clouds.

"I didn't mean the things I said to her," she heard her husband say. She looked at her husband who was sitting down with his head bowed. " I was just so angry and afraid."

Instantly her arm went around his shoulders and she rested her cheek against him. She knew what her husband must be feeling. 

The argument with their son was just about how her husband was expressing his worries and fears. But it came out the wrong way. Especially when he found out that the girl was related to the criminal who murdered his best friend and partner, she knew he couldn't hold back his anger.

But the moment she spotted the girl, white face and trembling, she knew that they had walked into deep water. Jason's face has darkened and she felt an ominous aura spilling from him. She had never seen her son that angry. As a matter of fact she had never experienced seeing her son angry at all. He always handled fights or problems calmly and efficiently.

But when he noticed how the girl was reacting, it was like he had morphed into someone else. She had watched with her heart in her throat as her son knelt down in front of the girl, taking her hand tenderly. The girl's face was pale and tears fell from her eyes. Mrs Lambert knew her son was trying his best to comfort the girl but to no avail. 

It looked like she was in a lot of pain as she cried into Jason's shoulder. Her shoulders were slumped and her toes were curled. The girl's face and lips had loss all its color and her fingernails had turned blue. She looked like she had been stuck in the freezer for hours.

"It's not that I don't believe everything... It's just that, we came so close to losing our son," her husband murmured and Mrs Lambert rubbed his back soothingly. 

Before she could respond, the clearing of a throat had her turning to see the butler standing in the doorway. He bowed politely before entering the room.

"Mr and Mrs Lambert. Your room had been prepared. If you could follow me?"

"Could you take us to see our son?" She asked.

"I'm afraid the master has requested that no one disturb him and his lady this night," the butler replied in a cool and stoic manner.

"Master?" Mr Lambert echoed, confusion causing his brows to crunch together.

"That is correct, Sir.Master Jason Lambert is the Lady's soul mate. He is the master of this house and his orders are absolute. I'm afraid we cannot make any detour this night."

"Right..." Mr and Mrs Lambert looked at each other, not knowing how to react. The day was getting worse and weirder by the second.

As they walked down the dimly lit hallway, Mrs Lambert noticed that there were no portraits on the walls. They were instead lined by paintings of landscapes, all beautifully and skilfully painted. 

Suddenly she noticed that one of the room doors were partially opened. Carefully she cracked the doors lightly open. Her eyes widened and she sucked in her breath, afraid to make any noise.

Inside the room was her son and the girl Elizabeth. The only light illuminating the room was that of the moon, that shone through the balcony. Elizabeth was lying on the bed with her hands on her chest looking like a sleeping princess, her face pale and beautiful. The only thing wrong was the slight frown that marred her face. Her slightly pale lips were turned down.

Mrs Lambert shifted her gaze to her son who was kneeling at the side of the bed, his head on his hands that were clasped together as if praying. She watched as he stood up and sat down gently on the bed.His hands swept the stray hair away from his beloved's face, a tenderlook on his face, one she had never seen before.

"Elizabeth," she heard him say. The name of the girl was said with so much tenderness and love. "Please stay with me, my love. I'll do anything. Just don't leave me."

Mrs Lambert clamped a hand over her mouth as she felt tears burning behind her eyes.Desperation and sadness leaked from his voice. She watched as her son brushed a kiss on the girl's forehead, a tear slipping from his eyes.

"I know what you'rethinking. You want to save me like that time in the library. You sacrificed yourself for us... for me... But you're not alone anymore.  I'm here with you. I always have been, so depend on me. Let me share your pain, your happiness. Please Angel, don't give up... I need you too..."

He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the girl's lips. The action was so tender and passionate at the same time that Mrs Lambert couldn't stop the tears from flowing down her face. Her son was really in love. He wasn't pretending and this wasn't just some phase.

"Please baby, stay with me. I love you so please..."

Mrs Lambert turned away from the door and ran towards her room. She couldn't bare to hear her son pleading anymore. She couldn't bare to hear the sadness and pain in his voice. Hearing his cold and emotionless voice was better than hearing one laced with such anguish.

"Dearest, what happened?" She looked up to see her husband. He was sitting on the bed with half his buttons undone. He looked disheveled and yet he was the most handsome sight she had ever seen.

"Oh Victor!" She cried and rushed into her husband's open arms. "Victor I don't know what to do!"

"I understand sweetheart,"he crooned, rubbing soothing circles on her back. "I don't know either."

"He loves her! He really loves her!" She cried even as her husband placed a tender kiss to her temple in a comforting gesture. "Like how I love you,maybe even more..."

She looked into her husband's stormy gray eyes. The eyes that captured her heart the moment they met. But now those eyes held confusion and sadness. She reached around to lace her fingers around his neck and leaned her head against his capable shoulders.

"We'll sort this out in the morning but for now rest. We need our energy for tomorrow." She nodded and closed her eyes. She felt her husband lay them down on the bed, his arm around her waist. Mrs Lambert felt safe. Maybe this was how the girl felt.

 Mrs Lambert didn't want to admit it but she could understand the girl on some level. She couldn't imagine being separated from her Victor. She sighed tiredly and willed herself to sleep.

She prayed that tomorrow would be a better day than today.

....