The Library [Part 2][Edited]

• Dedicated to TO ALL MY AWESOME FANS!! :D

Hey guys! so this is the next chapter! :D its extra long haha so i hope you like it! pls pls pls VOTE!! COMMENT!! FAN!! thank you!

<3 crazymeltzar

21/01/18

Edited version. Hope you guys like it :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The library was dark and only the light form the street lamp was illuminating the hall. I looked around me at the gothic paintings and shelves stacked neatly against the wall. It was exactly as I remembered it from my childhood days. The mahogany floors and the marble walls gave the whole place a majestic yet eerie feel to it.

Suddenly the floor started to rumble again. I turned just in time to see the two marble doors swing shut. The loud bang of the doors echoed throughout the room, dust rising around us.. The room was now pitch black, not a speck of light to be seen.

"Angel?"

The moment we stepped into the library, my demon had begun shoving at me, demanding release. There was something odd about the Library that was making my demon agitated. I gritted my teeth, pulling back on the reigns viciously.

Et cessabit-be calm, I snapped.

My demon backed off slightly, growling and hissing the whole time but I felt my senses sharpen. My skinned pricked with awareness and my nose flared with the woodsy scent of the library. My demon lifted its head and scented the air, pin pointing to me the exact location of my two companions. Taking hold of their hands, I took a bold step forward. The moment I moved, a loud sizzling sound could be heard. I froze and took a sniff around me. It smelled like... oil.

 Suddenly, there was a loud pop and the room blazed with light as fire raced across the ceiling of the hall, lighting small torches along the way. I watched amazed as one by one, the torches were lit, the fire engulfing everything in its path, lighting up the whole room. The fire hissed and spit, the sound loud in the dead room.

The room itself was huge. Its floors were old almost ancient looking. There were creepers growing out from the cracks of the walls and moss eating away in the dark corners of the room.  In front of me were five doorways all of similar height and shape. 

On the top of each doorway, there were carvings of an animal. The first one was a lion, followed by an eagle, a snake, a bear and a horse. The carvings of the animals started down at us, an evil gleam in their eyes that sent a shiver down my spine. I gulped as I looked into the eyes of the serpent. I swore its eyes glowed red at me, its mouth twisting into an evil smirk. I shivered involuntarily and closed my eyes, trying to compose myself.

"Which one should we take?" mused Lucas who had taken a step nearer to the 'bear' doorway.

 I fished out the map from my bag and studied it. On the map, it showed that both the snake and the lion doorways were filled with death traps. Black dots were placed diagonal to each other on the map, their spacing not very far from each other. I counted it to be at least ten in each passage. I shook my head, definitely not those two passages. 

"This way," I said pointing to the 'horse' doorway.

The frame of the doorway itself was filled with carvings of grass and flowers. I was amazed at the craftsmanship of the art that was so precisely and beautifully done. The horse was equally beautiful with a majestic head, nostrils flared out and its mane in a wild disarray. 

The horse looked down at us from its superior height and I felt the weight of its stare on me. I had a feeling that those stone carvings were more than just head figures. I bit my lip. Knowing what this place was, I wouldn't be surprised if they came alive.