Escaping the Monsters (edited)

Hey guys,so  this is an updated version of the chapter. I will be posting more of the updated chapters in the future. The feeling that you get from the updated works would be more intense, more mature. Please look forward to it and thank you for supporting my work. Enjoy! :)

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I could never go against Fiona's commands. I did whatever she wanted me to do. Though I had attained enough strength and power to oppose her outright, I just could not bring myself to stand up against her no matter how hard I tried. Many a times I told myself that it because I didn't want to complicate matters for myself any further.But I knew the bitter truth. Fiona had hurt me physically and physiologically so badly that the thick iron chains wrapped around me allowed her to jerk me along with her tune. How could I escape from something that had become ingrained in my life?

Which was why I found it necessary to hide my secret from her. I didn't want them to know because there in the Fighting Ring, I found freedom; an escape from Fiona, Heather and Tasha. It was the only way for me to gradually weaken the chains so that I could break free and grasp control of my life with my own two hands.

At times, the abuse was too much and the pain would bring me to my knees. But never once did I shed a tear, neither did I voice my complain towards my inhumane treatment. Even if I did, no one would believe my story. Fiona just had too much power, enough to even cover her tracks. I knew I had to be patient and bide my time. I knew I had to hid my power from her and ensure that I always looked meek in her eyes, until the time came for me to bring her down.

But in the Ring, I could unleash all my hatred and frustration into the blows I threw at my opponent. I could drop my façade as the nerdy,helpless and frail girl into one that no one dared to mess with. It allowed me some semblance of balance in my life. It saved me from going insane so many years back.

"Elle,baby doll, you really have to stop with your momentary space outs."

My head snapped up to see Tyler who was looking at me over the rear view mirror. His face was a mask of worry as he looked at me straight in the eye. I sighed and pushed a hand trough my thick mass of hair,making it messier than it already was.

"Sorry,I guess I'm just tired," I said as I turned in my seat to face him.

Tyler had driven me back home, stopping a few blocks away from my house.Fiona didn't like it when I made friends. She would talk bad about me to all her friends in hopes that their children would stay away from me. With the help of her daughters whose favourite past-time was to ridicule and spread false rumours about me, almost nobody wanted to be my friend. With the exception of my wonderful and loyal childhood friends Tyler and Dani.

As a little girl, the social exclusion was a painful punishment, one I did not deserve. At that time I was confused and hurt by her actions but as time passed, I knew that they did it out of pure hatred for me. Hatred that stemmed from the fact that my father loved me more than them. The fact that he would always love my mother and me, never them. Fiona could not accept the fact that his attention was on a dead woman. And because she could not lose his favour, she took out all her anger on me.

"The unholy trio driving you hard again, huh?" Tyler asked, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently.

I hesitated for a moment before nodding. These days Fiona and the twins had been especially difficult due to the fact that Fiona had recently been seeing this guy she claimed to be head over heals for. I only met the guy once and he didn't leave such a deep impression on me. If he was the type of person to hang around Fiona, I would definitely not want to make his acquaintance.