The Battle [Edited]

Edited, man I'm feeling depressed.

******

I woke up to the feel of Havoc's warm breath over my face. His head was leaning against mine, the soft strands of his hair brushing my forehead. He was snoring softly but his arms were iron shackles around me.

I reached up to brush his hair away from his face, tenderness welling up inside me when a sudden roar pierced the air. It was defeaning, and I suppressed the wave of pain as the vibrations bashed against my head. 

Havoc jolted awake, his hand moving to the knife at his belt, his free arm pulling me tight to him.

"Havoc, I can't breathe," I wheezed under his crushing strength.

 His eyes were dazed before they cleared at my words. Instantly he eased his hold, and I took in deep breath.

"Sorry baby," he said, his voice rough and sexy with sleep.

Smiling, I placed a soft kiss to his check and waited as he turned those beautiful blue eyes to me.

"I'm jealous at how gorgeous you look  eventhough you just woke up," I teased, smiling up at him. 

Our fight before was the turning point for us, our souls melded tightly together. We had come so far, faced so many obstacles and had our love tested time and again and yet we came our stronger than before.

He yawned, stretching his arms above his head. I straddled his hips and placed a tender kiss to his lips. He gave me a sleepy smile. He looked so cute then that I couldn't help but laugh.

"I take it you feel better," he said, with a smile in his voice. His arms were wrapped loosely around my waist, holding me to him. It seemed that neither of us could stand to be too far from the other. I hugged that knowledge to myself, finding comfort in it.

 I nodded, a small smile still plastered to my lips and stood up, pulling him to his feet. I looked over to Lucas  and found that he was already up, his green-cat eyes looking at us intently. 

"Don't be looking at my woman too much, Lucas. I'm a jealous man," Havoc said teasingly.

Lucas scoffed, running a had through his hair as he shot Havoc an amused look. "Wow man, it's not good for the ego to admit that you're so whipped."

"Alas, that is the burden of having a gorgeous woman by your side,"  Havoc replied, winking at me. "Not that I'm complaining or anything."

I laughed at them, happy that they got along so well.

"Come one guys, let's get this over with," I said, stretching my tired arms.

So we continued on. I took a whiff of the air, my nose crinkling immediately. The stench was back. But it was really much stronger now. I raised my hand, signalling the guys to stop. I scanned the path ahead. There was something amiss. My demon was bristling. The stones were shifting. I frowned noticing how the pebbles began bouncing up and down, the slabs of stone sliding against each other like tectonic plates. It took me a moment to realise that...

The tunnel was altering its shape!

"Go! We have to go!" I cried and took off running, my hand tightening around Havoc's and Lucas'.

We ran together like a welled oiled machine. Our movements were coordinated. Not once did neither of us slow down for the other. We knew each other's movements even before it happened. 

Behind us, the wall of the passageway was closing behind us. I looked forward and saw light. I almost crowed with delight. I pushed forward, pumping my leadened legs harder. We dashed forward and burst into the light, just in time before the passageway closed behind us.