Relief and Pain Part 2 [Edited]

Days passed and I had the most fun in months as Havoc and the rest of my friends spent the remainder of their holiday with me at Daddy's mansion.

During those days, Havoc and I grew closer than ever before. Our love for each other intensified and it was clear to anyone who saw us that we were deeply bonded together. During the time we spent together, I could feel our souls welding together, the broken ends mending. My soul felt lighter than ever and I knew he was feeling the same way too. I could see it in his eyes every time I looked into them.

I learned about the permanent changes in my soul mate. He was more reserved. He moved with more grace and his eyes were always restless; if they were not on me. In short, he had become sexier, older in a sense and stronger. He had become more than what I expected him to be and I was so proud that he was mine.

In the times that I would catch him looking at me, with fire blazing in his eyes, I would wonder what he saw in me. Did he see the changes in me too? 

The time that I spent bed-ridden, unable to move from one place to another without assistance, I would redo the puzzles that were given to me as a child. I read mountains of books. I drew and painted. I learnt multiple languages. From my bed, I learnt the mechanics of running my father's business. My mind was a steel trap allowing me to retain mountains of information at one go.

Havoc, can you tell how much we changed?

During those days we spent together, we would have a few hours to ourselves. He would assist me in my daily exercises, patiently supporting and at times just looking out for me, always on the ready to catch me should I fall. His presence gave me the strength to battle the pain. His love gave me the energy to carry on despite falling down so many times.

"Elle, Lucas and Tyler want to go out for some last minute shopping. Do you want to join us?" 

 I had just stepped out of the shower after my morning physiotherapy exercises and was towel-drying my hair when Dani popped her head into my room. Smiling at her, I sat down on my bed, my legs feeling tired.

"No, it's okay. I think I'm going to rest for a while," I replied. "You all can go ahead."

"You sure?" she asked worriedly. "Do you need me stay behind? Cause I don't mind looking after you even if you're just sleeping."

"I'll be fine, Dani. And besides, Mitchell will be here in the house."

"And Jason too," she said with a smirk. "That man will not leave your side for even a second."

I laughed even as a blush spread across my cheeks. "Maybe you should take him with you."

Dani made a motion of sliding her finger across her neck. "I do not wish to incur the wrath of the demon king thank you very much."

"Demon king?" I asked between bouts of laughter.

Dani scowled at me. "Of course you don't know. He's always so sweet to you and everything. But let me tell you, that man can be super scary when he wants to. Just the other day I caught him glaring at one of the maids when she didn't help you up the stairs. I swear he was going to skin her alive or something."