House not home Part 2 [Edited]

The plane ride to London was uneventful. 

My parents, fortunately, refrained from asking me any questions and I was grateful. I knew they wanted to know what happened but I felt it was better to explain things with Angel next to me. 

Stepping out of the departure hall, I looked around for a familiar face. I glanced at my parents' hands that were clasped tightly together as they took in their surroundings. My mother was huddled under the protection of my father's shoulder, a show of unconditional trust that had me longing to hold my Angel in my arms too.

Glancing away from them, I took in the hustle and bustle of people going about their business. Though I had business partners from London, I had only been here a two times. The airport, as usual, was in a buzz as people brisk walked to their gates to catch their flights. Others sat at the cafe talking and having their meals. Some were slumped on the benches, probably passing time sleeping while waiting for their flight to be announced.

I frowned. There were too many people here.

"Mr Lambert."

I turned towards the cool and stoic voice that belong to none other than Mitchell. He was wearing his butler uniform; complete with the tail coat with matching black and white striped pants. The chain of his pocket watch hung neatly from his breast pocket. His hair was neatly combed back and his shoes shone. I watched as his gray eyes took in everything around him. I gave him a small smile which he returned with a small bow. The glimmer in his eyes did not go unnoticed.

"I have been tasked to oversee your arrival. Please step this way," he said gesturing to us with a gloved hand to follow him.

I glanced at my parents who had a shock look on their face. They had left Cathy in the care of our neighbour Mrs Laudney; a kind old woman who loved children. Sympathizing with them,  I reached out to tug my mother's hand pulling her out of her daze and gestured for them to follow me. It was amusing to see their shocked faces as they hesitantly picked their bags up and followed after Mitchell.

"Who is this girl you are taking us to, Jason?" My mother finally cracked when they entered the Mercedes Benz.

My parents were uncomfortable with too much extravagance. I could only imagine their reaction if I were to tell them how much I was worth let alone my Angel. But then again, my Angel was priceless. I just chuckled softly and patted my mother's hand reassuringly. 

A fine sheen of rain  had started outside, the soft patter of rain drops on the window calming the fire in my veins.

I'm coming Angel.

I leaned my head against the window, watching as the scenery outside transitioned from the taller, more technologically advanced buildings to older more vintage ones. We passed by rows of restaurants and shops before going off onto a path that lead towards the more woodland area.

We soon left the cluttered city and emerged into the outskirts that was green and spacious. I blew a sigh of relief as I felt the weight on my chest lighten with every mile closer to my Angel. The drive was a fairly long one, but it allowed me the time to collect my emotions and thoughts.

But when the mansion came into view, my heart couldn't help but leap with excitement and happiness. 

Finally, finally I can see her again.

"Wow," my father breath involuntarily as he looked out the window in amazement.

Grunting in agreement I turned my attention away from the amazing mansion and the beautiful landscape, my entire being focused on the figure standing on the doorstep of the mansion.

 She was wearing a moss green dress that matched her beautiful hair and eyes. A smile made its way to my lips as I took in her dainty bare feet. A maid was holding onto her and I knew she had been standing out there too long waiting for me.

 When the car stopped, I immediately threw open the door and ran up the steps to her. The moment she saw me, her eyes lit up, the chocolate brown melting. Tears pooled around her eyes as she spread her arms wide.

I scooped her up and spun her round and round as she clung to my shoulders. Her beautiful laughter was music to my ears. When I finally set her down, I took the luxury to look into her eyes, my eyes raking her upturned face.  Her face was as beautiful as before, the milky white skin tainted by the blush on her cheeks. I brushed away the tears that streamed down her soft cheeks with the pads of my thumb and leaned down to place a soft kiss on her upturned lips.

"You stood here too long waiting for me, my love," I chastised, my eyes narrowing slightly in reprimand.

She just smiled up at me,her hands clinging to my arms for support. Instantly, I wrapped my arm around her waist, carrying most of her weight.

"Mitchell told me that you were coming back today. I couldn't just wait in the house not knowing when you would arrive," she told me breathlessly. 

I looked into her eyes and found the love, the same intense love shining back at me as when I had left. I stayed silent and studied the golden flecks in her eyes and the way her thick lashed would sweep demurely to cover those beautiful orbs. Her cheeks slowly became red under the intensity of my gaze.

"Beautiful," I whispered as saw her face redden even more. God she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

"Miss Anderson, Mr and Mrs Lambert," Mitchell said, announcing our guests.

I turned to face my parents who were standing at the base of the doorstep, their mouths agape. They were staring at Angel with wide, unbelieving eyes. My arms tightened around Angel involuntarily. Angel ran a small caress down my arm, calming me slightly before smiling back at my parents warmly.

"Come on up," she invited, her voice soft and welcoming. 

My Angel made a move as if to walk towards my parents but the moment she tried moving her legs, they crumbled beneath her. My arms tightened around her, catching her small frame before she tumbled down the stairs. 

I growled at her. She shouldn't have pushed herself so much.

I'm fine, my love.

I glared at her but she just gave me an innocent smile that had me shaking my head. 

I shouldn't let you get away with so easily, I grumbled as her eyes twinkled at me with amusement. 

Giving her another scowl, I decided to take no chances and swept her up in my arms, cradling her to my chest. I watched as a blush spread across her cheeks,the rouge color accentuating her beautiful bone structure. At this, I could not resist brushing my lips across her cheeks.

"Jason! Your parents,"she exclaimed, her face reddening even more. She attempted to push me back slightly but I just hugged her closer to me and gave her a small, boyish grin.

Is this payback?

This? Nope this is just a safety precaution. You'll receive your punishment later, I purred and watched as she blushed even more, smacking me on the arm lightly. 

Charmer.

I just gave her a smirk.

"Come on mum, dad.You'll get drenched if you stay out here too long," I said and turned to walk into the house, Angel in my arms. Angel chuckled and leaned her head against my shoulder.

"My love, you take such good care of me," she whispered into my ear. "I have missed you so much."

I nuzzled the top of her head and leaned down to whisper back in her ear. "I have missed you more."

....