1 - Summer of 94

Dear Draco,
My mother says we can bake cookies this weekend; she even bought the sprinkles we like. I'm so excited for you to live here. We are going to have the best summer.
Lots of love, Daisy dais.

D A I S Y

Summer 1994

"Mother, is Draco's room done? Did you fix that window? I want everything to be perfect when he arrives." I rush down the stairs in excitement toward my mother, who's reading a book. She looks up at me from her book with a smile.

"Everything is fixed for Draco's arrival. Are you excited, honey?" I nod, "we are going to have an amazing summer. Just the two of us," she smiles at me, and I dance around the room, waiting for the doorbell to ring. Little did I know it would take a while.

Four hours later, I lay in bed in tears, staring at the clock, waiting for a letter to arrive. My friend Draco was going to be here four hours ago. Maybe he is late? We live close to each other, but something could have happened. I wipe away my tears and go down the stairs to see my father and mother.

"Mom, have you heard anything from Cissy?" My mom shakes her head, staring at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry honey, I haven't heard anything." I look down, biting my lip.

"You really thought he was going to show up? He is a man, and he has other friends. That Riddle and Nott boys is better than a stupid girl." Not just a girl, his daughter. My father talks about me as if I'm trash and worth nothing.

"Selius, don't say that to her." My father takes a sip of his drink and rolls his eyes.

"It's the truth. My daughter is not weak. She needs to hear the truth. That Malfoy boy is a man now, he won't play with a stupid girl anymore." He is my best friend, I want to say. But I'm too scared to say anything. My father is a scary man sometimes, especially when he drinks.

"Go up to your room. Your mother and I are going to have a talk." I only stare at him and then at my mother, who looks sadly at me.

"I said go," I ran up the stairs and into my room. Laying down on my bed, sobbing into the pillow. I stayed up that night, writing letters to Draco, but I never sent them. Because deep down, I thought he would show up the following day, apologising for being late. But he didn't. I didn't see him at all that summer.

September 1 1994

I look down at my shoes, trying to avoid everyone's gazes. It's time to return to Hogwarts, and I wait for the train to arrive so I can hide from everyone. My gaze wanders around the platform, waiting for him to come, but I don't see him. Maybe he was busy this summer? Perhaps he forgot and travelled somewhere far away with his family. Somewhere where he couldn't send me any letters. I see the train arrive, and I look at the families before walking on the train alone.

The cabin is empty besides me, and I sit down, waiting for the train to leave the platform. I have a book in my hand, and it's raining outside the window. If someone had walked in here, they would have laughed at me because of how lonely I looked. A fourteen-year-old girl with no friends sitting alone, waiting to be alone for a whole year since her only friend left her this summer. The door into the cabin opens up, and I see the blonde hair I have waited two months for. Blondie. I stand up immediately, just staring at him.

"Draco?" He stares at his friends, Theo and Mattheo. I'm not sure they like me since both of them give me looks that could kill me right now. Draco gives me a glare before turning to his friends again.

"Come on, boys, let's see if another cabin is free. This cabin is full of shit anyway." My mouth drops to the ground, and he closes the door before I can say something. Tears take place in my eyes, and I fall down on the seat. He left me because I was the problem. I'm the goddamn problem.

D R A C O

Daisy's eyes meet mine as I open the door to the cabin, and she stands up in excitement. I had hoped she would hate me at this point, but I should have known better. My Daisy would never hate someone, even though she has every right to hate me now. It's for the better.

"Draco," I hear her voice for the first time in two months, and my heart beats faster than ever. It's soft and would generally make me smile, but now it makes me want to kill myself.

"Come on, boys, let's see if another cabin is free. This cabin is full of shit anyway." I look at Theo and Mattheo, who are glaring at Daisy. They dont really have a reason to glare at her. They think she is annoying after what I told them this summer. I look at my- at her, before closing the door. Knowing damn well, it will be the last time she even looks at me. Again, it's for the better.

"God, she is so weird," I mumble, walking with the boys behind me, and they stay quiet.

"Don't you think?" They only nodded slowly, and I walked into an empty cabin. "I mean, did you see what she was wearing?" At that point, I'm sure I'm trying to convince myself that she is weird.

"Wasn't she wearing school uniform?" Theo asks shily. He is too nice. I roll my eyes, leaning against the window.

"What happened between you two again?" Nothing is the problem. Nothing happened, and nothing can happen between us.

"She is obsessed with me because of my name and money. I heard her talk about me to that stupid mudblood." Lie, she would never do that. They both look disgusted.

"What a bitch. I can't believe she would do that. We are here for you," I can't help but smile. I have always had them in my life, especially Mattheo. But Daisy was my number one. Now things will change, and I must erase her from my memory.

"I have a feeling this year will be awesome," Theo smirks, and I nod in agreement. I sure hope so.

"Let's do pranks. We can make her suffer since she hurt you." Mattheo says, and I gulp, suffer? I force a smile and nod slowly.

"Yeah, that sounds... Good." They both grin, and I look out of the window. I'm so sorry, Daisy...

-------
Chapter 2 is out too!!