8 -Death eaters

"You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up."

D R A C O
I never thought id sit in the same room as people planning murders. But here I am. I sit with my friends on each side, my parents on the other, and the dark lord only a few seats away from me. This was not what I had in mind when my father forced me to come with him to a meeting one summer ago. Yeah, you heard it right. The summer I was supposed to spend with Daisy, I spent with death eaters. The dark lord talks about the final task in the tournament back at Hogwarts. He wants Harry Potter dead; it's not news to me. I didn't see it affect other students at Hogwarts, and now it will. We plan to do it at an event every student will attend, especially Daisy. Lately, she has been close with Cedric Diggory, one of the participants from Hogwarts. Somehow we have two, and one of them is Harry Potter. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he just... died? Not that I ever want to see someone get killed. It freaks me out.

I dont want to be a part of this whole thing, but I have to. My family was forced into this because of my father. He is a weak coward for getting my mother and me into this mess. Just the thought makes me mad, just like the thought of Daisy and Diggory and how she- I think about her again, and I close my eyes. I thought she would be gone by now, but the thought of her made me mad. How she wanted to take care of me and how close I was to giving in and letting her take care of me. I hate myself for it. I'm not weak, and I dont need her. I won't let her see me like that again. She is getting stronger, making me mad again because of that stupid Hufflepuff guy. What is so perfect about him? Is it his age? She wants older guys now?

I clench my teeth, and my mother looks at me confused, which makes me hide it. She still doesn't know about Daisy and me. I know it's stupid of me, and I should have told her the minute it happened, but then she would have wanted to help me get back to her. My mother adores Daisy. She is like the daughter she never got. I'm glad this death eater is happening right now cause that means she won't ask about daisy since she won't risk putting her in danger. I see her parents. They are on the other side of the room, talking to Snape. I wonder what they think about all this. Will they drag her into this? I mean, she would rather die. I know her. I wish I could say the same, but I'm a coward and can't stand up for myself. I sigh in frustration, and everyone's gaze turns to me.

"I'm sorry, sir, I had a long night," the dark lord doesn't mind; he knows how it is to have a grumpy teenager. Mattheo is his son, poor guy. I look at my two friends; to look like they want to die and fall asleep any moment, especially Theo, who is still grumpy about his breakfast.

M A T T H E O

Daisy fucking Scott, how can she still act like she is strong after everything we have put her through? Is she some mastermind? I'm starting to believe it. The thought of what she did to Draco makes me mad, and I try to think of something else. Maybe how my father will put my whole school in danger soon and how he will kill Harry Potter. Yeah, that is definitely something that changes my mind. Fucking hell, I'm screwed. I see my dad talking, but I couldn't care less. So what? He wants to take over the wizarding world and kill mudbloods. I'm not on his side, but what can I do? I'm a weak little child who was born into the wrong family. Fucking hell, I hate my life. The meeting ends, and everyone disappears. The boys and I tiredly walk out of the room and groan.

"I fucking missed the gourmet breakfast at Hogwarts for this? I had to eat a dry bread piece for this stupid meeting." Theo groans and stares at the empty wall. Draco rolls his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry you missed your pancakes. It's not like you won't get them tomorrow or anything like that. Must suck being one day without breakfast," Draco mumbles and Theo glares at our friend. None of us is in a good mood today. I wonder why. Maybe it is how we all started our morning with a man without a nose. The thought of it makes me want to laugh. My father doesn't have a nose.

"What are you smiling about?" Draco snorts, staring at me, and Theo smirks.

"Is it that girl you fucked? Man, was she good?" They are being nosy again. So I fucked a girl. Who fucking cares? It won't be the last time. Knowing myself, it will probably happen again as soon as tonight. Damn, I could really need some distraction.

"Hello? Earth to Mattheo. Who are you thinking about?" Theo waves his hand in front of my eyes, and I push him away.

"Fuck, sorry, mate," he rolls his eyes.

"So Daisy and Diggory seem to be dating, huh?" I ask Draco, but he only looks away. Damn okay?

"To be honest, I never thought Daisy Scott would be one of the girls who dated someone for reputation, but I was wrong. Such a slut," Theo laughs, and Draco stares at him in shock.

"I dont think they are dating, only seeing each other." He mumbles, and I look at him in surprise. Is he jealous? Nah, he hates her. "Dude, that's the same thing," Draco rolls his eyes.

"I dont care who she dates, but I agree she acts slutty." I shrug. I dont give a fuck who she dates and how she behaves. It is her own fault.

"What do you all say? If we apparate, we can still be in time for lunch, which means," a smile takes place on my lips as I stare at Theo, who keeps talking. I love my friends. They are my only family. We have become really close lately, which I'm so thankful for. I just wish they knew it.

"Okay, come on, let's get this guy some food before he breaks the manor," Draco smirks, and Theo jumps in excitement. Can you guys believe this guy is a death eater?

D A I S Y

It's only a few days left until the last task, and I'm freaking out. I have been trying to find out what it is about and how I can help Cedric, but it's useless. I'm fucking hopeless. I want to spend time with him as much as possible, but I also want him to focus on the task without being a burden. I look over at Adrian, who is studying beside me, and he looks back at me, smiling.

"What are you thinking about blonde girl?" Blonde girl, I roll my eyes. Somehow the blonde joke has been in all of my friendships. I used to call Draco blondie since he is a fake blonde. Dont trust me? Well, he is.

"I'm thinking about the task," I sigh, and Adrian stares at me with a sad face.

"Everything will be fine, Dais. Stop worrying so much." He hands me his notes, and I force a smile. If it weren't for him, I would fail all my classes, and they would send me home.

"I mean, Cedric will win this shit. Just look at the guy. He is Superman." I roll my eyes. Harry got some stupid extra points last task, which means he is closer to Cedric. I just hope Cedric wins and not Harry. Harry isn't even supposed to be in it? He fucking cheated. Cedric walks into the library with a smile on his face and waves at me.

"Hi you," Adrian says, and Cedric nods at him, walking his way over to us.

"How is your day?" He kisses me on the cheek and sits down beside us.

"It was okay," I smile, staring down at my book, and Cedric frowns.

"She is nervous," Adrian says, and I glare at him.

"Daisy, stop thinking about the stupid task. It's going to be easy, okay?" I nod slowly. I dont know why I am so nervous. I just have a really bad feeling.

"I dont really have time to be here, but I wanted to come by and say hi." He leans in and leaves a kiss on my lips way too fast, and I smile.

"See you later, okay?" I smile, nodding, and he goes. Adrian tries to look disgusted, but his smile takes over.

"It's disgusting how much you like that boy." I smile.

"You are just jealous," I smirk, and he shrugs. I'm fucking happy again.

———
Actually considering myself being depressed af rn
School <3