44 - Grave visit

"Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. You were bigger than the whole sky."

I feel stupid, not for not knowing but for not asking him earlier. He is my best friend, and here I am, not even noticing how sad he was until the guys mentioned it. I'm on my way to his dorm, trying not to walk into the guys on my way since Theo told me not to tell them.

"Hey, miss, I have too much homework." I freeze, closing my eyes before turning around and facing them.

"Hey," I force a smile, and Draco stares at me, confused.

"Where are you going, and why aren't you studying as you said you were?" I suck in my lips. Maybe studying was the worst lie I could come up with. Mostly since I never study if the guys don't force it.

"I went to get some snacks. Theo is having a terrible migraine." There it is, Mattheo inspects me with his eyes, and I look down. Noticing my full-on winter-clothed body and no snacks.

"Why are you lying?" Mattheo asks, walking closer to me, and I feel my heart beat faster.

"I- am not? I would have hung out with you guys if I had the time. But I'm so stressed and-" Draco shakes his head, and my back faces the wall as Mattheo walks closer to me.

"Why dont you tell us what you are hiding, and we will let you go? We dont hide things from each other now, are we?" I look into his eyes, gulping before looking towards Theo's dorm. I can't... I made a promise.

"I promise if I could. I would." Draco frowns.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? What's something you can't tell us about?" Theos panic attacks. I love the guys, but it's different. They would be serious for a while, take care of him and then devise something else to distract him. What he needs is someone who listens and will be there for him.

"Guys, you're making a big deal out of nothing right now. Dont you trust me?" Draco rolls his eyes, and Mattheo frowns.

"Of course we fucking trust you. But you could at least have told us the truth instead of lying. You are clearly heading somewhere without us." I nod slowly. Feeling stupid but knowing it's for the right thing.

"I will tell you what it is one day. But right now, I have to do this alone." Mattheo stares at me with intense eyes, and I meet his gaze, trying to make him understand.

"Is it dangerous?" I shake my head. He takes a step back, "are you going to be alone? When are you coming back?" I sigh in relief.

"I will be just fine, and I will be back in a few hours." They both nod, and I back away from the wall.

"Thank you," I force a smile, kissing Mattheos cheek before watching them leave the common room.

I sigh in relief before walking over to Theo's dorm and knocking. He opens the door, staring at me with swollen eyes and wet lips. I smile faintly before pulling him into a hug, not needing him to say something.

"I miss her. I didn't know I would miss her this much." He whispers, letting his tears out again, and I pull him closer.

"I know, love. Hey, it's okay. You have me here. You are not alone, Theo. Your mother is so proud of you; look at you. You're the quidditch captain, grew up gorgeous, and have the biggest heart ever." He pulls away and wipes away his tears.

"I promised her not to hurt people. And look what I did. I was almost a death eater, I hurt my best friend, and now she has trauma and-" I shake my head.

"Theo, who you are is not what you did. I know that, and I'm not leaving you. Your mother knows that too. I love you, and you're the best part of my days. I'm so fucking proud of you, Theo." He licks his lips before a faint smile takes place on his lips.