5 - A ball gone wrong

"I had the shiniest wheels now they're rusting."

It's the big day. The day of the ball, I will embarrass myself in front of everyone in this school. To be honest, I'm not excited at all, more like terrified. Lately, I have grown to understand that people hate me here. Why? I'm not so sure. I stare down at my midnight blue dress. I feel pretty, but not pretty enough to dance in front of everyone with Cedric. I look forward to spending the night with Cedric and Adrian. I love them both. I hope the night will end up better than I think it will. I dont want to ruin it for anyone, especially not Cedric.

"Hey, cinderella," Adrian sneaks into my dorm, smirking at me.

"Ad, I could've been naked?" I glare at him, but he only shrugs.

"And?" I continue to glare at him, but he only laughs.

"I'm kidding, Dais. You look amazing, by the way. Like a Disney princess." I smile. He makes me feel better about tonight. "Cinderella has a light blue dress, but thank you." He shrugs and stares at me, trying to fix my hair.

"Need some help with that?" A smile takes place on my lips. I'm not sure he knows how to do this, but maybe he does since he has a little sister.

"Dont ruin it, okay?" He smiles and stands behind me to fix the small braid.

"Are you nervous about your dance?" He asks, and I stare into the mirror, meeting his gaze. He can see my fear. There is no reason to try to hide it.

"A bit. I'm scared that I will ruin his night." Adrian sighs. He thinks I am too harsh on myself. Which I probably am.

"Daisy, you will be the most gorgeous girl out there tonight. Nothing or no one will ruin that for you, okay? And if they try, I will ruin their life, not just their ball." I smile, and he smiles back into the mirror.

"Thanks, Ad. I'm not sure what I would have done without you." He leaves a kiss on top of my head and takes a step back.

"You won't ever have to think about that. I won't leave your side. You are stuck with me."

"Forever?" He smiles.

"It's a promise," he grabs my hand and spins me around.

"Come on, Cinderella. You have a ball to shine at." I smile, and he leads me out of my dorm and down towards the ball. As we walk down the stairs, I feel panic rushing in my body. People are staring at me. I look around, trying to find Cedric, and when I do, I relax.

"You look incredible," he grabs my hand and kisses it, and I smile.

"You dont look that bad either," he smiles.

"Are you ready to outshine everyone?" I try to relax, but it is hard. Cedric and I have been working on the dance for a week now. I know the dance so it shouldn't be a problem.

"I am ready," he smiles and leads me towards the entrance.

"Remember that I am by your side," his hand grabs mine, and I nod, smiling. Here goes nothing.

The dance went better than I thought, and Cedric is on his way to go and grab us some drinks.

"Oh my god, Daisy, you looked amazing out there." Pansy Parkinson walks up to me with a weird smile on her face. Excuse me?

"I-uh, thank you?" She pulls me to the side with a grin on her face.

"So tell me, how is he in bed?" Who? I'm more virgin than Maria, for fucks sake.

"Excuse me, but I dont think I understand what you mean," she smirks, and I look around, trying to see if Adrian or Cedric, maybe even Marcus Is close, but none of them is.